Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Eating in Restaurants?

[ Edited ]

Yes I have and went out to dinner last night.  It was a local Italian restaurant with a beautiful back porch (half indoors & half out) open to a lovely patio.

I went with DH & DS.  It was packed at 5:30 on a Wednesday!  Many people are bored and itching to go out.  Plus the weather was gorgeous here yesterday....in the 70s with no humidity.

As for worrying about germs...I make sure to do what I have been doing all through the pandemic....I wash my hands, take lots of vitamin D3, C, Quercetin & zinc and I nebulize a mixture of saline with hydrogen peroxide occasionally.

I've been to the airport and flown 4xs....I hate doing this even before Covid.  I've also been out to restaurants in south Florida.  I just enjoy eating out in a good restaurant too much to stop when I feel safe.

I worry more about driving down 95 through Philly!!  It's an awful raised highway for miles with no shoulder....too bad if you have to pull over....and there always seems to be an accident along it.

ETA:  I have reservations to meet two friends for lunch tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it!

Trusted Contributor

Not regularly, but we didn't before either. Once so far this year, for our wedding anniversary. I like to cook.

Honored Contributor

I used to eat out 4-5 times a week and loved it.  I have not been out to eat at all.  I think I still want to be places where there is some control.

Super Contributor

I have been eating in restaurants since they reopened last year. Currently my life is exactly like it was before the pandemic started. 

Respected Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

No, we are not eating inside restaurants, but we do get food to go and eat it at home!  I'm not sure if I will eat inside a restaurant every again, it's not that restaurants I don't trust, it's the people that patronize them!  My sister died last summer of Covid, I have been vacinated, and still wear a mask in every store I go in, I take this disease seriously!  It is not that big of a deal to me!

Oh @Hooty ...I'm so sorry about your sister's passing. I take it seriously for the very reason that real people have died and that real people are grieving. I'll wear a mask if required, no big deal to me either. I don't worry about set ups in dining in restaurants or the mail that gets delivered to me etc. I don't generally salt n pepper food in restaurants anyway. I hope your heart heals from the pain of loss, it takes time but you have daily reminders and that is torture.

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

No, we are not eating inside restaurants, but we do get food to go and eat it at home!  I'm not sure if I will eat inside a restaurant every again, it's not that restaurants I don't trust, it's the people that patronize them!  My sister died last summer of Covid, I have been vacinated, and still wear a mask in every store I go in, I take this disease seriously!  It is not that big of a deal to me!

I'm so sorry you lost your sister last summer to Covid @Hooty   You must miss her terribly.

@Kachina624  - I haven't been back in a restaurant yet.  I do a lot of take out and fast food.  I am vaccinated, but just haven't made it to a restaurant yet.  One day I'm sure.

Honored Contributor

Me too @San Antonio Gal.  Just can't make myself go through the door. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We never stopped eating in restaurants and have no plans not to.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the polite thing to do is to bring your mask with you in public. If you want to talk to someone who is wearing a mask, it's polite to put on your mask as well. That is respecting that person's preference.

And it is acknowledging that the masked person may have a health concern that deserves protection. We need to adapt to a new situation with a new etiquette.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Of course, why would I not? It is permissable to do so and I like to keep businesses afloat and for people to have jobs. The fear is so overblown.

Now if people would just be willing to get out there and work, things could return to normal. The situation is being handled very poorly.