Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Eating in Restaurants?

I kind of remember I would be very careful when someone was sick that I lived with or came over or if I was sick, even way before the pandemic.

Ever since kids were little and other parents would bring their sick kids to play who were sick but they said you know oh its just allergies😒and of course then all the kids got sick with "allergies" too. (sorry pet peeve there off on a tangent). Then wiping or spraying everything with Lysol.

Then at the beginning of the pandemic when we tried not to touch anything or lysoled the boxes and bags from groceries, including the groceries! (no, just kidding on that one).

Some like my sister and others I know left the boxes in their garage for 3 days. I didn't do that.

I don't really have any desire either to eat inside a restaurant because I'm still being careful, mostly for the people I take care of and the little ones but also because I don't have any favorite restaurants now.

Where we used to live, I would miss

going to them and probably would venture out (then take a lysol bath afterwardor at least throw the clothes in the wash)!😑

I'm not a germophobe but I am careful now and have been when people are sick. I just realize how very quickly sick germs can spread. If we can avoid them, that is great.

And I hate to say but anyone who has ever been a waitress, maybe a lot of us, well enough said!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting

Frequent Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Am I eating in restaurants?? Absolutely! We never stopped! We live rural. I tend to support our locals. They are having a terribly hard time making ends meet.When the restaurants were closed we got takeout and tipped HUGELY!!! I refuse to live my life in fear, which seems that a lot of you choose to do! Woman Frustrated

Exactly. We did take out when that's all that was available but went back in person as soon as we could.

Respected Contributor

My daughter is vp of a large insurance provider in Texas. I mentioned eating indoors at a large Mexican chain. She said NO. You wont believe the number of worker comp claims we have from them over COVID.

We are still very cautious and wear masks in grocery, Target. We have eaten indoors a couple of times. We chose off times and places that do not have crowded tables. High ceilings are good too.

I heard said that the pandemic is not over--we just have room for you in intensive care. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I 💗 eating in restaurants, and have done so since the mask mandate was removed, and indoor dining was allowed!!!

Love it!! Love it!!!! Love it!!! 😊👍

@Anonymous032819    Do you eat out with friends or go alone?  I've always hated to eat out alone so rarely have done it.

Our restaurant won't fully open until July first.  All restrictions still in place. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

We don’t eat out very often but I feel more comfortable sitting outside at a restaurant.    I don’t mind touching the silverware or condiments but i noticed inside restaurants pre-Covid that restaurant walls would have food spatters or the window treatments would be dusty, etc. and that kind of turns me off now. 

Honored Contributor

I don't eat in restaurants nor do I eat restaurant food as take out either. No to restaurants and everything about them for me period.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think I've lost all desire to eat in a public place, maybe forever.  The thought of handling menus, salt & pepper shakers as well as condiments is simply repulsive.  Even silverware has been handled by someone else.  I just can't go back to a restaurant; how about you? 

@Kachina624  From your posts I've gotten the impression you don't go out much anyway. So is this a significant change for you from pre-pandemic?.

Honored Contributor

We haven't stopped going to restaurants at all.  I use public bathrooms too.  

Valued Contributor

I love eating out & will go out whenever I get the chance.