Trusted Contributor

Re: Are You Brand Loyal To Supermarket Products

Bounty paper towels, Scott TP but that is about it.  For food products I have to label read because of celiac, so what has ingredients I can eat wins.

Organic if at all possible, but if the price difference is 3 bucks for the same item, I don't always take the organic.

Honored Contributor

If I find a product I like better than others I definitely keep buying it. Some things are pretty much the same soxI get the one that is priced the best but  some vary a lot in quality so I am picky about the brand I get.

Respected Contributor

Best Foods mayo

Charmin TP

Dr. Pepper

Jif or Skippy peanut butter

I check prices for store brand vs brand name canned food. Sometimes the brand name is on sale for less than the store brand.

I'll buy nearly anything with the Kirkland label. Quality is always super.  

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

No.  There are some brands I prefer but If there is a really good sale on another brand, I'll go ahead and stock up on it. or I'm not afraid to try something that somebody has recommended.  I've bought a few items throughout the years that were really bad and  that I'll never buy again but that is very rare.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I am loyal to a few products:

Dawn for dishes, Gain and Woollite for dark clothing for laundry detergents, Dove bath soap. 

Pepsi, no Coke!

Trader Joe's Crunchy Unsalted Peanut Butter.

Honored Contributor

Most of the brands I am loyal to are store brand generics. There are good ones and bad ones, just like with the big brand names. There are some big name brands I won't buy at all for multiple reasons.

Honored Contributor

I'm brand loyal to TIDE because it cleans better than other brands I've tried. I am brand loyal to Heinz ketchup because it tastes better than any other ketchup. Other wise , no , not really. Since we moved to Florida I am unable to get some of the brands I used in Pitts. so I had to adapt.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if Heinz ketchup actually tastes better or if I am just used to ketchup tasting like Heinz because growing up in Pittsburgh no one would ever actually serve any other brand. I used to work near the Heinz plant and we would get the smells of their cooking all day long - it helped to make our patients hungry as the smell of ketchup being made is very pleasant. 

Honored Contributor

Brand loyalty to Best Foods mayonnaise, Philadelphia cream cheese and Kirkland Signature albacore tuna.  Those are the items that pop into my head but I'm sure there are a few more.

However, I rarely or never buy the store brands of bread, cheese, crackers, cookies or soda.  

Valued Contributor

Jif pb...Tide...Palmolive OXY dish soap/ Cascade Complete for the dishwasher.....Bounty paper towels....White Dial soap recommended to me years ago by a doctor and again told to use before my hip replacement in December ( I've used it for 40 years).....Hellmans mayo (aka Best Foods).....Hunts ketchup (used to only use Heinz).....Bertolli Olive oil.....Charmin Ultra Soft. I do use some store brands especially some I've found at Aldi and Kroger. I am an avid label reader, too. I've learned a lot by trial and error also....lol.