Honored Contributor

Last May I joined our Senior Center not far from home.  We make things for contributions to areas around us that need them.  A lot of requests come to us for these things needed.

Totally enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

No.  I don't like people. Smiley Happy

POOP

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree   You have to count this one.  LOLSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes, all of my adult life ,I have volunteered in charitable services. Some were secular ,and some were religiously run. I was never part ,of the ladies who lunch, bunch

I have worked in thrift shops, soup kitchens, food pantries, and funeral dinners. I have held offices ,and also did grunt work, at  the same time ,in the same organizations

I have met some wonderful people, and am still friends with them

I am now involved in scripture class ,and have been for years.

Contributor

This is why I loathe meetings  - there is always one strong personalilty in every group who dominates and sets the tone for everyone else.

Esteemed Contributor

No,most people irritate me after awhile. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Yes, all of my adult life ,I have volunteered in charitable services. Some were secular ,and some were religiously run. I was never part ,of the ladies who lunch, bunch

I have worked in thrift shops, soup kitchens, food pantries, and funeral dinners. I have held offices ,and also did grunt work, at  the same time ,in the same organizations

I have met some wonderful people, and am still friends with them

I am now involved in scripture class ,and have been for years.

@cherry 

Happy to see you, cherry.  My, you certainly did your share of volunteering!  Only special people do that.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@LilacTree   You have to count this one.  LOLSmiley Happy

@qualitygal 

oh yes, I guess I do!  

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

While I am mainly extroverted and like being around people, I am also a loner.  I don't want to be commited to showing up regularly somewhere if I don't want to go anywhere.  I did belong to gyms over the years and would go to classes right after work.  I did like that though but now I have everything I need to work out at home and like that better.  I used to belong to 2 bowling leagues but to commit to that one day a week wasn't for me.  This is more so now that I am retired.  I rarely give blood anymore because I can't just walk in and give anymore without an appointment.  I don't like commitments.  There are very few activities that I like that much that I would want to commit to and join groups.  Plus like many stated they get sick of the same old people who once you get to know them are often not ones you want to be around that much.  

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@Preds wrote:

No.  I don't like people. Smiley Happy

POOP

See the source imageLet me clean that up for you @qualitygal .  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."