Respected Contributor

Re: Are You A Direct Route Or Scenic Route Person?

@Caligurll wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I would definitely get in a car with your daughter!  I love exploring.

Me too! I'm a "roadtrip" kinda girl...so I love when we have time to just drive, meander, see what comes up we may feel like investigating or stopping at. That said, if I'm on a schedule or running errands...direct route. But I prefer the scenic routes. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Direct route going to work, or doctor/dentist/gyno appts, and scenic route going somewhere pleasant...I don't mind meandering if the end destination is enjoyable.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Direct Route for sure.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

My DH is always a scenic route driver, and we have driven cross country too!!

Respected Contributor

Depends on the circumstances of the reason for traveling and the timeframe.  I love to take scenic routes, but if I am on a timeframe of needing to get somewhere fast I take the direct or shortest route and leave the scenic drive for other times.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

It depends how much time & patience I have at the time.Also depends where I'm going & for what reason.

Respected Contributor

Depends on how much time I have.  If I'm just out driving around with no particular plans I'll take the scenic route.  If I'm going somewhere for a reason I take the direct route and don't stop.

Honored Contributor

Direct route for me.  I probably don't want to go anyway, so let's get there quickly, get it over with, and get back home.   I do not enjoy trips in a car with other people.   

Honored Contributor

Direct route by intention, scenic route often by accident. GPS was invented exclusively to keep me from crossing the border into Canada while trying to get home from the grocery store. It's really bad. Love either a scenic route or a direct one when I'm not driving.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I have never been a person that likes sight seeing. According to my wife, to a fault. My travel is to get where I am going, not to take in the scenery. If there is no "direct" reason to go somewhere?  Count me out.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)