Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are You A Direct Route Or Scenic Route Person?

@hckynut  Yup.  I have no need or desire to travel over hill and dale to get where I need to be.

DH and DD never met a dirt road they didn't love.

I am not a good rider. I like to drive myself.  I think DD has a lead foot.  The only thing worse than her and dirt roads is her driving the turnpike and into Philly. I was pressing my foot on the floor. She kept saying, "you do realize you don't have a brake on your side.?"

Darn kids!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The scenic route is for the passenger and not the driver.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a direct route person....especially if I'm in an area I'm not familiar with - it's a safety issue with me. I don't want to be wandering around isolated roads and having that feeling that we shouldn't be there. DH used to be the opposite, but he's become more of a direct route person in the last few years for the same reason, thankfully.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

When time is not important I take the scenic route. My GPS often has to “recalculate” and repeatedly tells me where to turn to get on the interstate! I just ignore it... Lol

Honored Contributor

I'm a direct route driver.  My father could turn a 15 minute drive into two hours.  Drove my mother crazy.

Esteemed Contributor

According to those who should just be quiet, I am a direct route person who very often becomes lost and takes a scenic route.  

That's why when she says "recalculateing" I just say @#$&%

Esteemed Contributor

Retired - you made me laugh. Before my kids were old enough to drive, they'd make fun of me when I explored short cuts and new roads in our city. I'd preface my turn by saying ... here's a road I've never been down. I'm scenic but hubs is direct -- but once we drive past countrysides and farmlands, I tell him to keep his eyes on the road. He loves nature.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

When I drive Direct Route. Period.

if, through the country and I'm the passenger 

Scenic Route especially if there are barns.... Old barns are my most favorie thing

Trusted Contributor

If I'm on my way some where specific, then I am for sure the direct route kind of person. I never want to get lost! But if we are not in any hurry then I love taking the scenic route. I really love exploring and just taking it slow.