Trusted Contributor

Re: Are You A Direct Route Or Scenic Route Person?

It is interesting to read everyone's opinion on this.

If the weather is nice, I'm definitely a scenic route driver.  I love to drive with my windows open if the weather is good and you can't do that on the highway.  I've been known to spend hours trying to find some place to go as an excuse to drive through areas that have great scenery, especially in the fall.  A long scenic drive on a sunny fall day with the windows open and the stereo blasting is my idea of heaven!

However, if the weather isn't great, then I definitely always take the most direct route.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like to take the scenic route, but because of IBS-D problems, I hate being in a car.  I get to my destination as fast as I can.  There are not many restrooms open with the pandemic going on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Scenic route all the way....especially in the spring when all the beautiful wild flowers are in bloom (and here in Texas we can see them for free)......Besides too many crazy drivers and 18 wheelers on the highways and expressways....

One of the best wildflower seasons in recent history is on the ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt   Now THAT I would go out of my way to see.  Beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I don't think I'm one or the other.  Depends on where I was going, why, and when I needed to be there.  

Having sad that, I've driven cross country 5 times, and found the experiences to be both profound and enriching.

Respected Contributor

I'm an old school "take the long way home" kinda Supertramp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaHgzIwjZpw

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Me, whatever is going to get me there the fastest.

My husband would rather go 40 miles out of the way than to pay a toll on a turnpike or parkway.  Doesn't matter that the gas he used cost more than the toll would have.

Respected Contributor

A little bit of both!  Depends on destination really.  

Lately, I've been in the habit of getting in my car, and just driving wherever the road takes me.  An old fashioned "ride".  I listen to an ebook and it all makes me very happy.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

If we're out for a ride or on vacation, scenic route.  If it's for groceries or hobby stuff, straight B-line for the stuff.  

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

A little bit of both!  Depends on destination really.  

Lately, I've been in the habit of getting in my car, and just driving wherever the road takes me.  An old fashioned "ride".  I listen to an ebook and it all makes me very happy.

Atta Girl!!!!  Sounds good to me!