Honored Contributor

Yes, i am what makes me embarrassed ,is i cry when i get mad ,upset.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Yes, constantly these days.   My parents are elderly and so are my dogs .... I know one day soon I will have to say goodbye.

Esteemed Contributor

As a non-cryer, especially in public, a cryer can throw you off balance for lack of a better word.  One day I walked into a business and the owner, who I knew but not well, was crying her heart out. .I thought someone died.  I took her hand and askedwhat was wrong. Between sobs she told me that her daughter and her boyfriend broke up.Huh. Yes,  you feel bad for your chilld in that case but holy cow she scared the daylights out of me.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, anything to do with sad animal stories, movies, some obituaries.

Life is tough, it's o.k. to cry about things.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are You A Cryer?

[ Edited ]

Yes. And - not just for things that are sad.  

Lots of tears shed for joy, and intense personal experiences. *

We believe in the "gift of tears."

*  Dazzling sunsets frequently bring tears!

Respected Contributor

Not very often and when I do cry I am a private crier. It is better for you if you can cry and let it out but just not my way. I feel things deeply and sometimes I think so deep it just can't come out. However I am a happy person about 98% of the time and a get on with things kind of person also. I often think that may have a huge part in it.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

No and I see those who are as weak and unstable. Some are just attention seeking manipulators. They probably used crying to get what they wanted as children and it was a success then so why not now.

Judgemental much? 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Yep, especially when a "goodbye" is involved.

I even cried at the end of "Breakfast At Tiffanys" last night.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

Rarely do I cry but that's not necessarily a good thing. I may cry when I'm angry more than sad. I do get a 'brick' in my chest feeling when I'm sad.

My military dad screamed at us when we cried, of course, he had PTSD. My husband found his mom's constant tears -- even to this day -- as manipulative, so crying never set well around him.

Just not a conditioned response but agree, it is cathartic.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I was a cryer as a child/young teen and realize my reactions were exactly what I’d seen from mom and her family.