Respected Contributor

Yes, I am a crier under some circumstances.  I cry for obvious reasons, when someone dies for example.  I also cry when The Star Spangled Banner is played, our military is on parade,  and the Ave Maria is sung. Once upon a time, when I was young and dumb, I cried during arguments with DH or when I was treated poorly at work.  I no longer do that. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I am.  Commercials, news, movies, music, beautiful nature scenes,  -- you name it!  I have always been this way and have gotten even more so the older I have gotten.  DH and I will be watching something and he will look over at me from his chair and can see me tearing up and hear me sniffing and he will toss me over a couple of tissues!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Are You A Cryer?

[ Edited ]

Since when did calling people weak, and unstable, attention seeking ,manipulators,

not constitute an attack on their character?

Trusted Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Not so much a cryer, but definitely a big tearing-upper!  Over the most ridiculous things that it's sometimes embarrassing.

Yes same here, I tear up fairly often but don’t cry that much; but I do feel like a good cry is therapeautic sometimes and good for the soul👍🏻

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Assuming that because I don't make a show of my feelings I don't have them would be wrong. I don't have tantrums or shout, throw things either but I get as angry as any other. I don't care for PDA and PDE. 

**************   I find it curious that you don't want us assumimg that...... because you don't make a show of your feelings....... that you don't have them. Fact is...I never assumed because you "didn't" that you were somehow unfeeling and abnormal.  I would hope you would extend to me and others that same consideration and not assume so much about us. It  seems very double standard to me.

Respected Contributor

@Catiele

I am so sorry for your loss. I also have two sons and can't imagine the pain and emptiness you must feel. I said a prayer for you and I hope that you will, in time,  find some comfort in the loss of your sweet baby boy. 

With my deepest and heartfelt sympathy,

Starr

Condolences-Deepest_Sympathies-animated-purple_rose-condolences-0967.gif

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are You A Cryer?

[ Edited ]

I’m a very sensitive person.I get misty or teary over everything.A touching story on t.v. or the news will certainly strike a cord in me. If something happens to someone I know I will choke up.If a song touches my heart I’ll shed a tear or two.

Those who know me well say that I wear my emotions on my sleeve.I make no apologies.It’s what makes me who I am. I care about people.Whether I know you or not. I want everyone to be happy & live a good life.

Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

I am known to cry very easily. I am called the Water Works. I am too sensitive and always have been. Last month I lost my youngest son tragically. All I do is cry. We are in the house he grew up in. So many memories. We live in the woods and he loved it here. In the spring we are moving to a smaller house near the ocean. My older son wants us close to him and his family. Have always loved the ocean. I can’t and don’t talk to anyone. My husband is not good either. Talking to people ————just can’t. Please a prayer for us. 

@CatieleI can't possibly imagine what you and your husband are going through. My prayers are with you at this most difficult time. May your wonderful memories of your son help you along this most difficult path......God Bless you and your family!

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I’m a very sensitive person.I get misty or teary over everything.A touching story on t.v. or the news will certainly strike a cord in me. If something happens to someone I know I will choke up.If a song touches my heart I’ll shed a tear or two.

Those who know me well say that I wear my emotions on my sleeve.I make no apologies.It’s what makes me who I am. I care about people.Whether I know you or not. I want everyone to be happy & live a good life.

This is me also.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

I am known to cry very easily. I am called the Water Works. I am too sensitive and always have been. Last month I lost my youngest son tragically. All I do is cry. We are in the house he grew up in. So many memories. We live in the woods and he loved it here. In the spring we are moving to a smaller house near the ocean. My older son wants us close to him and his family. Have always loved the ocean. I can’t and don’t talk to anyone. My husband is not good either. Talking to people ————just can’t. Please a prayer for us. 

I know what it is to lose a son, mine was 27, in 1998 ,it really just breaks your heart ,it is just such a tough road to go down, take it day by day ,actually minute ,hour by hour ,my thoughts are with you both ,so very sorry.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.