Esteemed Contributor

yes, but even more now, I'm a big Cry Baby!

Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

I am known to cry very easily. I am called the Water Works. I am too sensitive and always have been. Last month I lost my youngest son tragically. All I do is cry. We are in the house he grew up in. So many memories. We live in the woods and he loved it here. In the spring we are moving to a smaller house near the ocean. My older son wants us close to him and his family. Have always loved the ocean. I can’t and don’t talk to anyone. My husband is not good either. Talking to people ————just can’t. Please a prayer for us. 

Oh, I am so very sorry, @Catiele.   Yes, I will pray for you and your family.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I’m misty eyes and sentimental but weeping, maybe a few times a year. 

Honored Contributor

Assuming that because I don't make a show of my feelings I don't have them would be wrong. I don't have tantrums or shout, throw things either but I get as angry as any other. I don't care for PDA and PDE. 

Honored Contributor
In my younger days when I began working, I would cry when I was very frustrated or angry...I learned quickly that if a woman cries, they are stereotyped “a hysterical woman” and pretty much dismissed...not much has changed except I learned to have better control of my emotions. Now I cry when I see my grandbaby look up and smile at me....when I see DH do something sweet or dear....lso the tears are all tears of joy...the best kind!
Honored Contributor

Wow

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are You A Cryer?

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2I came across this quote that I'd copied from a book I read a couple of years ago.  The book is News of the World by Paulette Jiles.  The words, spoken by the character Captain Jefferson Kyle Kidd:  "Old people cry easily, my dear.  One of the afflictions of old age."

I agree with the quote.  

And I recommend the book.  Which, IIRC, doesn't really have a lot to do with either old people or crying.

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Other than a death do you cry often?  No., I don't. Movies,songs, commercials don't do it. I might think something is sad or terrible but I don't cry. It's never made me feel better.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

No, I don’t.

But,  I know someone who is lonely, depressed, and in dispair.  She crys all the time.  She lost her husband a few years back, and now lives alone.  I urged her to seek grief counseling and get into a grief support group to help her move on. 

Hung

Trusted Contributor

Not since I got Dry Eye, no more tears to cry.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

I am known to cry very easily. I am called the Water Works. I am too sensitive and always have been. Last month I lost my youngest son tragically. All I do is cry. We are in the house he grew up in. So many memories. We live in the woods and he loved it here. In the spring we are moving to a smaller house near the ocean. My older son wants us close to him and his family. Have always loved the ocean. I can’t and don’t talk to anyone. My husband is not good either. Talking to people ————just can’t. Please a prayer for us. 

****************  Oh, Catiele, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son.  I just read this and I said a prayer for you.  May God keep you under the shadow of his wings.  I will continue to pray for you.