Honored Contributor

@MoJoV We are all judgemental and to deny it is pointless. We survive or parish depending on our ability to make sound judgements. We judge those we want or don't want as friends. We make judgements on everyone we meet. Not liking someone is based on one's judgement just as finding someone likable. We judge on appearance and on behavior.

The behavior discussed here I judged as I see it and as many others see it. Fair enough to disagree but not fair to make personal attacks on posters whose views one dislikes.

Respected Contributor
Can’t watch Nicholas Sparks movies or read his books. I just ball. Commercials, some songs, etc get me every time.
Valued Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Constantly!!! Seriously I cry over a commercial, over a news story, when my grandkids say something super cute,etc......The older I get, the more sensitive I am......I am a lot like my dad, he cried easily too, and was very sensitive........   I will also cry in church if I am moved by a song, or the sermon. When I say cry, I don't necessarily mean sobbing, but will get teary eyed. 

I cry in church, too! I get embarrassed because I'm generally one to cry in private. 

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

No and I see those who are as weak and unstable. Some are just attention seeking manipulators. They probably used crying to get what they wanted as children and it was a success then so why not now.

i cry often....and i am not weak and unstable......your comment is very offensive....

I think it was meant to be.

Respected Contributor

I don’t cry a lot, but when something hurts my heart, I do. 

I have cried over books, tv shows, news reports, tv ads and, of course, personal life events. 

Valued Contributor
@Mersha....Me too. Breakfast at Tiffany’s is one of my favorite movies; I must’ve seen it a dozen times, yet that ending gets me every time. 😢

I also tear up a lot in church when the band plays some great, very touching, inspirational Christian songs, or during the sermon, depending on what the message is. Sometimes it’s embarrassing, but hard to control.
Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@occasionalrain  Do you think Drs. don't cry over a lost patient?  I've watched press conferences where a Chiefs of Police break down when one of their officers was killed. 

I notice you used the phrase, break down, which is a loss of control. I don't have confidence in someone who breaks down. I want those around me to be steadfast and reliable.

A catch in the voice, a tear in one's eye is not crying. 

----------------------------------------------------

One can't be steadfast and reliable and express emotion? 

Always holding back emotional responses, can lead to, having a very hard time acknowledging feeling those emotions and that is very unhealthy, 

Respected Contributor

Re: Are You A Cryer?

[ Edited ]

As a young person, I cried very easily.   Then sometime in my mid-to late twenties I got so annoyed with myself, sick of myself, told myself to grow up,  and actually trained myself to be hard.  I really put up an emotional wall,  and the crying stopped, for many years.

I noticed the last year or so, as I've gotten a lot older, I seem to be less tough, unexpectedly crying while watching something on TV.  I know there is an illness, stroke related, maybe ?  where spontaneous crying happens.  This is definitely not that.  It's not crying out loud, more like an emotional wave and my eyes fill up.   I think I am just becoming an "old softie".

Honored Contributor

When it comes to animals being hurt or dying...that's when I can't hold back the tears. I just get so emotional and tears just come streaming down. That's the reason why I can't go and read stuff in the Pet Lovers forum...I would be an emotional wreck. 

Respected Contributor

I rarely cried as a child, teenager or even young adult.   As I aged I found that I would have bouts of crying when under prolonged stress or extended frustration.  Like the straw that broke the camel's back or one drop to many causing the glass to overflow.    Otherwise, I am a normal individual who tears up under understandable heartwarming or sorrowful experiences.