Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are You A Cryer?

[ Edited ]

Crying is an emotional reaction same as laughing, smiling, frowning, screaming, rolling eyes, and any other response humans have to situations.  I would never describe it as a weakness or a tool used to manipulate.  

Honored Contributor

If I could prevent a tear from rolling down my face I would. I can't control it. That is not the same, as carrying on like Lady Macbeth

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Constantly!!! Seriously I cry over a commercial, over a news story, when my grandkids say something super cute,etc......The older I get, the more sensitive I am......I am a lot like my dad, he cried easily too, and was very sensitive........   I will also cry in church if I am moved by a song, or the sermon. When I say cry, I don't necessarily mean sobbing, but will get teary eyed. 

@CANDLEQUEEN  You and I could be twins.  I cry at peanut butter commercials!

Laura loves cats!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Yes I am .!

Honored Contributor

@occasionalraini think crying is a good release for the soul.if you can’t cry the sadness hardens your heart.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Children cry because they haven't learned to manage frustration and are ruled by emotion. I wouldn't have confidence in a doctor, lawyer, police officer, soldier...who dissolved into tears. I admire Winston Churchill, he was no crybaby.

Re Winston Churchill--Perhaps you might want to read article by Craig Brown:  Churchill, the most tearful politician of all.

Honored Contributor

Depends on the level of frustration.  

Honored Contributor

Yes I am. I hate being an emotional cry baby.

I don't know why I cry watching some shows. It's not real?

Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain, Your response makes me feel nothing but pitty for you.  People like you have no heart, no love and no happiness.  You sound like a sad, bitter human.  I cry for people like you, what a shattered soul you must be.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@occasionalrain  Do you think Drs. don't cry over a lost patient?  I've watched press conferences where a Chiefs of Police break down when one of their officers was killed. 

I notice you used the phrase, break down, which is a loss of control. I don't have confidence in someone who breaks down. I want those around me to be steadfast and reliable.

A catch in the voice, a tear in one's eye is not crying.