Honored Contributor

Two years ago, this Feb. 22, we went through a medical emergency with my DD that shook my very soul.  I needed my strength and faith to get through it and didn't allow myself the 'luxury' of crying.  Last year, another medical issue with my DH.  No time for tears again.  We are blessed to have survived them both.

One of these days, I may have a total crying breakdown, but since these events, I have gritted my teeth and not allowed myself to cry, about anything!

Another poster has a bottom tag line that I have held close to my heart:

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the Only choice you have."

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain  Holy cat, I don't see frequent cryers as weak or unstable anymore than I see non-cryers as hardened and without feeling.

Honored Contributor

Yes sad to say I am.  I can cry at the drop of a hat.

I cry when I am mad and them I get madder because I am crying and then I cry even more.  Geesh!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

When my husband was diagnosed with cancer I had one meltdown for literally 1 minute in front of him. I didn't want him to see any negative response from me, and as scared spitless as I was, I had to be positive for him. He knew I was concerned of course but my being an emotional puddle was not going to help him. 

Honored Contributor

Children cry because they haven't learned to manage frustration and are ruled by emotion. I wouldn't have confidence in a doctor, lawyer, police officer, soldier...who dissolved into tears. I admire Winston Churchill, he was no crybaby.

Esteemed Contributor

No....I've never been a cryer.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain  Do you think Drs. don't cry over a lost patient?  I've watched press conferences where a Chiefs of Police break down when one of their officers was killed. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

No and I see those who are as weak and unstable. Some are just attention seeking manipulators. They probably used crying to get what they wanted as children and it was a success then so why not now.

That is ridiculous generalization, we all handle our situations in a different way. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  Pass me a tissue Ms CQ!  At the drop of a hat so the saying goes!!!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Other than a death do you cry often?  No., I don't. Movies,songs, commercials don't do it. I might think something is sad or terrible but I don't cry. It's never made me feel better.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   i only cry when alone.... watching a sad movie etc.  Never in pubic or in front of someone.   I have never been to a funeral so I am not sure if I would cry or not.