Honored Contributor

Re: Are/Were You A Joiner (Clubs or Organizations).

No.  Work made me be social, but I love my quiet life at home.   I do have friends that I'm in touch with, but they also live quiet lives and don't require a lot of togetherness.   

Honored Contributor

I've never been much of a 'joiner'. I've served on a few boards over the years, but that was more to see certain things accomplished than because of the social aspects, which were not a draw.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Then there was one organization I was interested in joining because their thrift shop helped women and children escaping domestic violence. But then I was politely told my social credentials were subpar for their elite membership. So I donate directly to the women's and children's shelter. 

Respected Contributor

I’m not a joiner of organizations, but have loved book clubs, choral groups, volunteering with others, etc and still do. Most of my usual activities are back in person again and it’s lovely! I am an introvert though and take my social time in measured doses lol. 

Honored Contributor

I'm a lifelong introvert, however my job required me to interact all day long. Talk, talk, talk, and at the end of the day I was exhausted. If I never go to another meeting it will be too soon. My friends and family understand that I need some alone time to recharge.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

The there was one organization I was interested in joining because their thrift shop helped women and children escaping domestic violence. But then I was politely told my social credentials were subpar for their elite membership. So I donate directly to the women's and children's shelter. 

———————

Yikes, that was certainly their loss 🙂.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

The there was one organization I was interested in joining because their thrift shop helped women and children escaping domestic violence. But then I was politely told my social credentials were subpar for their elite membership. So I donate directly to the women's and children's shelter. 

@SunValley 

😮😯

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Yes - a couple of groups at church, and a women's charity org - and several online organzations - via Zoom meetings.

All since I retired in 2010 - just didn't have the time for t while I was working.  I'm enjoying it now.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I was a joiner when I was younger.  Then after I had kids, I was involved in many of their clubs/organizations.  Girl Scout Leader, Cookie Mom, Home Room Mom at their school(s), etc.  I helped out with all their sporting events, including being the Snack Mom.  Now they are grown, so I am in my own organizations.  The Columbiettes and  Italian Sons & Daughters Association take up my time now.  So between working & those clubs, that is about it for me. 

While I still enjoy being home, I enjoy even more sharing my home.  We love having our friends over for pool parties & BBQ's.  Most of those friends are the ones that I have met from the above organizations through the years.  So, kind of came full circle in that respect.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt   If you mean Petunia she is............well, she is still Petunia.

DD startled her the other da and she turned with open mouth, teeth showing and hissed.  Then she realized who it was.  All I heard was DD, 'Petunia Smith, don't you hiss at me, do you want a time out?"  It is a daily comedy with that cat.