Honored Contributor

Re: Are Uber cars all unmarked?

@I am still oxox wrote:

@cherry 

I haven take Uber under all circumstances, the easiest way to know if the car is for you, is ask the driver who are you here to pick up. This is a horrible story, and young women need to be aware of their surroundings and never be so incapacitated that they can not understand a simple question .

Uber gives you the name and the plate number you always have to compare it. You get the info on the app, it is sad that this girl was taken advantage of

@cherry wrote:

@I am still oxox  That sound great in theory, but ,if you were upset, because of some emergency, you might just get into one without being real careful.Ditto if you are ill ,and just need to get home, or to a Dr, or hospital asap

It was dark ,and  she came from a bar, and might have had a drink or two, and just wasn't at the top of her game. It such a pity, she seemed like a wonderful young women . I hope they catch the evil person that did this

bolded my agree,  young women especially, although this applies to everyone 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 , smart moves!  Be proactive about your own safety.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

All in all, it seems to be a really dumb idea for both passengers AND riders in today's world.  But nothing surprises me any more. 

Back in the 1960's we were told not to talk to strangers, now you just jump in the car with them, or pick them up in your car. . . And don't try to assure me it is a lovely idea.  No way am I buying that argument.  Sorry, but that's what I think.

taxi driver for the most part is a stranger too, 

Honored Contributor

I am just thinking out loud. As much as some love Uber, I can see drawbacks to it..

Esteemed Contributor

There are drawbacks to everything.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I have to speak up for taxi drivers. They are vetted like crazy. I use a local taxi service for md appointments. I was with one once when he was stopped for speeding. It was a construction site; no one could see the sign. He said if I get a speeding ticket I lose my chauffer's license. I felt bad because I was in a lot of pain and asked him to take me home as fast as he could. 

The policeman actually apologized because NO ONE could see the sign.

I use Uber on occasion; the first time a different car came than the one on phone. Also she had a handicapped placket on the car. You are not supposed to drive with them still attached. They are only used for parking.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

All in all, it seems to be a really dumb idea for both passengers AND riders in today's world.  But nothing surprises me any more. 

Back in the 1960's we were told not to talk to strangers, now you just jump in the car with them, or pick them up in your car. . . And don't try to assure me it is a lovely idea.  No way am I buying that argument.  Sorry, but that's what I think.

@Sooner 

What is the difference between a passenger and a rider? I guess I don't know what a rider is.....

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

What is the difference between a passenger and a rider? I guess I don't know what a rider is.....

@nomless passenger and DRIVER.  Sorry. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@nomless wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

@nomless passenger and DRIVER.  Sorry. 

Oh, I see, @Sooner .  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if he had prior killings in the past?

If so, was he out looking for his next victim?

If not, it seems odd the first time he killed someone it would this

luck-of-a-chance person who was that impaired/innocent

to enter a non-Uber car. Could be a million-to-one-chance,

but odd, the same.

I hope he cooperating with police. If not, I’m sure detectives

are having a hard time piecing the ‘why’ together.