Honored Contributor

Are They Expecting Cash? Wedding Couple another Registered Anywhere.

[ Edited ]

My close friend is marrying. The couple are in their sixties. This is my friend’s second marriage. He’s been divorced about eighteen years. This is the bride’s third marriage. They have plenty of money. They have also had to trim down their possessions by the ton in order to live together in their brand new house. The groom is my husband’s best friend. The wedding is a big to do. What should we give them? They have so much money. What about a Vitamix? The one thing I know the bride has been wanting is a robotic vacuum (Roomba). She had mentioned the floor washing Roomba in a conversation we had last year. The really good vacuuming ones are  is $400-$700. The cheaper ones are not highly rated.  That’s way out of my price range. Only my husband will be able to attend the ceremony. I hate giving money, but will have to if necessary. Is the fact that they’re not registered a hint that they want cash?

SORRY THERE’S A TYPO IN THE TITLE. “Another,” should have read, “Aren’t.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are They Expecting Cash? Wedding Couple another Registered Anywhere.

How do you know they have "so much money"?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

Nice card and Resturant gift certificate with bottle of wine. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hollysunshine, the groom is so close to me and my husband that he tells us every dollar he makes. He tells us everything. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D  No cleaning products! Time to get creative. Perhaps a watercolor, oil or print of their favorite destination, possibly one you all share. Think if what they are emotionally connected to.

Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at Sat, Feb 23, 2019-4.26.19 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

no registry?

if there is no registry then i would give cash or a check with maybe a very small gift to open.

if you know what the want then give them that, but make sure it is returnable in case she gets more than one or she decides she cannot use it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

A donation in their name to some type of organization, such as a medical research cause that may affect one of them or a research hospital, or to some type of cause they may feel strongly about, such as animal welfare/abuse/shelter, or women & child abuse prevention, donation for toys to children's hospitals, famine relief in a part of world they are interested in, are all just a few of many possibilities if they have plenty of money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If there’s no registry, maybe they do not want cash either.   I like the restaurant gift certificate in a card idea if you decide you want to give something.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D  Not registered certainly does NOT indicate they want cash. To me, it says "We don't expect gifts." 

Like another poster suggested, donate to one of their favorite charities in their name. You can't go wrong with such a gift. Be generous. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.