Valued Contributor

Are There Shows You Miss That Were Previously on QVC?

So many of the vendors that I previously enjoyed on QVC come to my mind. Years ago, I particularly liked the pairing of Linda Davies and Mary Beth Rowe on the Liz Claiborne shows. Both of these lovely ladies were so professional, well-informed, calm, and both were a real joy to watch. When the Liz Claiborne shows disappeared, it had such a niche that no other hosts or programs have been able to replace it (just my opinion). There are still many buyers who will always favor classic styles over trendy clothing. Recently, it seems that QVC's emphasis has seemed to be much more focused on "trendy". 

Honored Contributor

Re: Are There Shows You Miss That Were Previously on QVC?

I mostly miss Hagit Gorali.  And while I enjoy the HSN craft shows, I miss the craft shows that QVC used to have several years ago (not any of their more recent attempts).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tacori, Verragio....although I probably wouldn't be purchasing jewelry today these two companies continue to produce beautiful designs.  I also miss the quality bears and dolls  that I would purchase as gifts.

Valued Contributor

@Krimpette I miss the craft shows, too! It also seems there are far less jewelry shows recently. I will miss Judith Ripka, even though she will still be designing, and her jewelry will still be on QVC. The same goes for the Linea line; so many of us will miss Louis. I am so glad his beautiful designs will continue to be sold on QVC.  

Respected Contributor

ScreenShot145.jpg

Honored Contributor

There are people and shows I used to watch that I might still tune in to see if they were around.  The problem is that the shows from the past that I might watch aren't the shows I'd be likely to buy from at this time, so it's all nostalgia and that doesn't work well in business or anywhere else except maybe greeting cards and scapbooks. 

Honored Contributor

Funny, I was going through some clothing recently and came across a number of nice 'Fashion Formula' pieces I bought back in the day.  Even cooler, they were virtually new.   It was a nice line of casual pieces that look nice and not sloppy.

Super Contributor

I miss the Victorian themed shows that Lisa Mason usually hosted. I purchased several items from those shows. I have a gorgeous fussy hat on a stand that I still display in my bedroom. I also miss the Silver Style shows with Jane Treacy and Jill Bauer. Lisa Robertson always had lovely, elegant Christmas decor in her Christmas shows. I rarely purchased but enjoyed watching. The Liz Claiborne shows with Linda Davies and Mary Beth Roe were fun to watch. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been watching QVC almost since the begining, and I remember when they would really decorate the set for St. Patricks Day, Halloween, Kirk's Folly.

Everything seemed more laid back than it is today.

I also enjoyed watching the 50-in-50 tour.

Or, how about when a caller would call in to the show, and tell the host, "My friends and family call me the QVC Queen, because my whole house is filled with things from QVC! Oh, and can you say 'Hi' to my great-aunt Berta? She just loves you!"

I don't know if callers callthemselves "QVC Queens" any more, as it's been a long time since I watched a full hour of QVC.

I also remember watching when they would have musicians on, and they would perform a few songs.

Or when they would sell die-cast NASCAR cars, and they would have a driver on there, like Dale E. Jr.

Unfortunatly, those days are long gone, and never to return.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tacori for QVC. I loved the jewelry. Loved the old formula for Diamonique. The stones looked so much more realistic than the current Diamonique CZs. Loved the Epiphany shows. Loved the 18K gold shows.