Trusted Contributor

Re: Are My Expectations Unreasonable

@Jordan2 

Not everyone wants the bell rung. People work different shifts & may be sleeping. Can you imagine finally getting a restless baby down for a nap & having the doorbell wake them up?  Personally I just want the package left. Nowadays it's easy enough to get text alerts when your package is delivered.

Have you thought about putting a sign/note up asking them to ring for deliveries? 

Esteemed Contributor

Wether it's Amazon,UPS or FedEx they never ring my bell. Last week I got a text that my package was delivered. That's how I found out.

I wish they would ring the bell.Packages have been known to get stolen. Last month a package was delivered to my future DIL.It was left on her porch. Tracking indicated it was delivered but it wasn't there. She checked her surveillance video & saw a man in a mask pick it up & leave. She called the police but they couldn't identify the man because of the mask.

Honored Contributor

I wish they wouldn't ring the bell!

Respected Contributor

I absolutely want to know if a package is being left!

I worry that someone can just grab it and take off with it for parts unknown.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Jordan2   Some households may have day sleepers and don't want the bell ring.  I put a note above my doorbell, easily seen by anyone approaching my door,. Deliveries - Please Ring the Bell.  Works well for me.

@Kachina624 

Kinda seems like common sense 101, right? 

Personally, I don't want them to ring my door bell. It gets my dog all excited, lol. I prefer a text.

@SusieQ_2   I have the opposite reaction.  When the doorbell rings, my dogs rush out through the dog door and run around to the front gate to check out the visitor.  Then I can safely open the door to retrieve my packages without worrying about them rushing out the door.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I prefer them not to ring the bell or knock so my dog doesn’t get riled up.

I know when packages are coming and have Blink cameras that notify me when they’re here.
Valued Contributor

All ring the bell.  I too want to know so persihables are not sitting in the hot sun. 

Respected Contributor

If the door bell rings it sends the dogs into a frenzy.  We disconnnected it.  I don't think they would use it anyway.  I am signed up with ups, fed ex and usps so when a package arrives I get a text.  That is how I know it has arrived.  Also don't really want husband to ask about every package so I would rather it just be left on the step.  

Honored Contributor

This making a mountain out of a mole hill.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

No one rings a bell when delivering to my house.  I don't expect them to.   

Even if some did, I wouldn't expect them to ring the bell now given the higher-than-holiday demands on them.  They're very busy and struggling to keep up.

If you want to know when something is going to be delivered, set up an account on UPS, USPS, and FedEx and you can get automated email or text updates.