Super Contributor

It' s 75 degrees in Lubbock, Tx.today. Gorgeous weather!! Cold front will blow through Monday afternoon, stay through Tuesday. The rest of next week is high 50' s and 60's. I hate cold, damp weather and I am grateful it only last a couple of days for now. 

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  - I live about 45 minutes south of Cleveland.  At 37 degrees it is about 15 degrees below average.  We are to get 2 - 4 inches of snow over the next 48 hours.  It just seems too much too soon.  

Honored Contributor

They keep telling us this arctic blast is coming to north Georgia, but right now it's sunny and 65 and it's supposed to be 65 tomorrow also.  They keep talking about it, but they seem to keep moving the arrival date out. 

I went and bought groceries this morning so we can stay home if it's going to be really cold, but seriously, it's supposed to be 65 tomorrow.  Hardly coat and glove weather. And that's more than ok with me. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The national TV meteorologists are amusing the heck oit if me over this cold front.  You'd think it was the advent of the next ice age.  We had 18° in Albuquerque 2 weeks ago and nobody mentioned it.   I heard someone excitedly say it was going to be 37° in Cleveland; isn't it November?  You can tell it's  a slow news week.  Get a grip.

@Kachina624  The national weather forecast only mentions Denver if they have snow, and Phoenix if it's 120°.   I don't think I have EVER heard them talk about Albuquerque..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.  Most of us in the Southwest are generally ignored on the national scene unless something really horrid happens, like an axe murder.  They do mention Denver a lot; it was 77° there yesterday, snow tomorrow.  They have the extremes.  We're supposed to plunge from 68° today to 57° tomorrow.  Wow.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Oh.....how could I forget.........Jodi Arias put Phoenix on the map

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@DrakesMomma wrote:

@Kachina624  - I live about 45 minutes south of Cleveland.  At 37 degrees it is about 15 degrees below average.  We are to get 2 - 4 inches of snow over the next 48 hours.  It just seems too much too soon.  

@DrakesMomma 

Yes.  The extremes, whether it's too hot, too cold, too snowy,

too windy, too much of anything, is not good.  

And it seems 'extreme' os everywhere.

Classic sign of a change in climate. 

Honored Contributor

Eh. 58 today, high 60's tomorrow, high 40's/low 50's on Tuesday and then low 40's going forward. It's November; I expect it to be in the low 40's or colder by now. 

Now, for those who normally don't see those temps? I can see it being news/breaking records.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom 

Same here. Most of last week temps were hovering around freezing. Then on Thursday it dropped into the low 20's(brrr). Yesterday I spent 4 hours on my mower mulching the leaves from our 50 or so maple trees. It was nice as it was in the mid 60's.

Right now there is a north wind and back into the 30's. Glad I got our a acreage done yesterday, but still lots of leaves on those maples.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

It's been cold here, too, during the night.  

Keep safe, everyone.

Let's hope and wish for beneficial and mild Winter climates.  

Nothing drastic, yet welcome for the environment.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).