Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Archie's Birth Certificate Revealed

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

A couple more points of interest:  I'm pretty sure when she got married, "Rachel" was not used a part of Meghan's name in the vows (even though I'd expected it to be).  Interesting that it is now (it should have been in the marriage ceremony too since it's her legal name).

Also, I don't see where she is calling herself a Princess now, when the title the Queen gave her is Duchess.  

@Pearlee   She is not calling herself a Princess now.  The Queen bestowed the title on their wedding day.  It's mentioned in another poster's attachment.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2019051773181/meghan-markle-official-job-occupation-title-reve...

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

A couple more points of interest:  I'm pretty sure when she got married, "Rachel" was not used a part of Meghan's name in the vows (even though I'd expected it to be).  Interesting that it is now (it should have been in the marriage ceremony too since it's her legal name).

Also, I don't see where she is calling herself a Princess now, when the title the Queen gave her is Duchess.  

@Pearlee   She is not calling herself a Princess now.  The Queen bestowed the title on their wedding day.  It's mentioned in another poster's attachment.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2019051773181/meghan-markle-official-job-occupation-title-reve...

@RoughDraft   I read that before and read that as the Queen bestowed the title of Duchess on their wedding day.

Trusted Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Doesn't really matter since she IS a princess by marriage to a PRINCE.  

Not exactly.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alarmclock wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Doesn't really matter since she IS a princess by marriage to a PRINCE.  

Not exactly.

Yep, EXACTLY. Sorry, but don't know where you're getting your incorrect information.

"Upon her marriage to Prince Harry, Meghan became a princess of the United Kingdom."

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

"The document lists Meghan's occupation as "Princess of the United Kingdom," the same job title that Kate Middleton used for her children's birth certificates. Since Meghan is married to a prince, she technically does have the status of a princess even though she's not "Princess Meghan" per se. Only women into the royal family, like Princess Charlotte, can use that styling."

"Also, after the trouble of switching between nicknames and full names all their lives, it seems like Meghan and Harry wanted to make things a little simpler for their son. They've officially picked the name Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor — not Archibald, not Arthur — so there's no question what he will go by for the rest of his life."

~ goodhousekeeping

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let's all exhale now.  

Whew!  

I hope details are no longer nitpicked to distraction.  My problem was that there were challenges to the place of birth with no one coming out to clarify matters for busybodies like me.  .  It is official -- we now know where Archie was born.

Honored Contributor

Regarding Meghan and being a princess, this is from Town and Country:

"But this news shouldn't come as a complete surprise. While Meghan's title is styled as the Duchess of Sussex, she has been a princess since the moment she married Prince Harry.

According to the customs of British peerage, a woman takes the title of her husband, meaning Meghan is technically HRH Princess Henry of Wales, but as she's not a British "blood" princess, calling her Princess Meghan would be incorrect.

It's similar to how Prince Michael of Kent's wife goes by Princess Michael of Kent instead of Princess Marie Christine."

Honored Contributor

I am surprised this Birth Certificate is being shown.  It's really no one's business but the immediate family.  The press constantly makes up stories (baby born 2 weeks prior) and Will and Harry feuding or Kate & Meghan don't get along.  Enough already.  Don't believe everything you read or hear.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee   She is a Princess due to marrying a Prince, but is also a Dutchess as Harry is also a Duke.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Yet Harry was called "Harry" when he recited HIS vows.