Trusted Contributor

Aqua Flameless Candels please help????

my beautiful gold glitz that I have had only three months stoped working at all............I did everything I was suposed to do. Ugh  If you had one die on you, what do you do with it now since I can't even get the light to come on with water or without water....... I don't want to just toss it away so what to do with it by decorating?  Suggestions please and thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Aqua Flameless Candels please help????

Hi @DowntonAbbey

I'm not suggesting the women in Community Chat don't know how to decorate ;-)

I sincerely think you'll get a better response in the Home or Holiday forums.

What a rip that your candles stopped functioning :-(

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey...did the pump quit working, if so let vinegar sit in it overnight, it might just be clogged.

Trusted Contributor

thank you to both of you and do I just pour full vinegar in the candel?  I did but did not let it stay..........this time I will.  I went away for three weeks and had it unplugged and it will not come back on.  Sigh. 

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey

What @Mom2Dogs is worth a try.  At this point you have a nonworking candle.  Vinegar probably won't make it worse (unless it picks up a smell).  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

I just added pure white vinegar to the candle and I will let it set for 24 hours and see how that does.

SHOULD I add water also or pure vinegar?  They really should last longer than 3 months.  I am tired of things breaking down at the Q.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama
@Bird mama wrote:

@DowntonAbbey

What @Mom2Dogs is worth a try.  At this point you have a nonworking candle.  Vinegar probably won't make it worse (unless it picks up a smell).  

My girl friend has an aqua candle and thought hers was a gonner as well. She let the vinegar sit overnight and in the morning it worked!

Honored Contributor

As I recall, it was pure vinegar.