Valued Contributor

Re: Aprll and baby withdrawal

@mousiegirl wrote:

@spindlegirl wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

@momtochloe for the link! How is your dog search going? I know you were getting settled in a new place and were going to be looking soon.

Hi @riley1 thanks for asking!  I am still settling in and sorting out so no doggie yet but hopefully in a couple of months I can start looking for a partner in crime . . . Smiley Happy

So fun finding a new dog! 💙

Let us know when you meet the new partner in crime @momtochloe!

-----------------------

@spindlegirl  I had a heck of a time finding my male pup.  I wanted a male one year or so of age, and weighing no more than fifteen pounds. as I had/have a female ten pound dog.  I searched online for weeks, and every time I found one that seemed right, it was either already adopted, or other issues.

It used to be no problem finding a pet as there are so many avaialble, but there are no shelters near here, so I went online to Petfinder. Finally, through Petfinder, which I had been looking at for a while, saw just what I was looking for, and he would be up for adoption about twenty miles away, so off DD and I went one Saturday morning, and he has now been here for several years, and is the perfect dog.  

@mousiegirl

Harder than one would think huh?  

Surprising. But I'm glad you found "The One"! 💙

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl

What kind of dogs do you have?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spindlegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl

@spindlegirl   The girl is a Golden Yorkie, or mix thereof, lol, not Yorkie ears, and the male is a mix of wire hair fox terrier, I think, and poodle, and who knows what else.  He looks like a polar bear now with his winter coat, white with a bit of cream, curled tail over back, this tail is another mix, lol, maybe Spitz, beautiful little fox face.

He is obedient, she is not, lol, has a mind of her own, drives me crazy, but her cuteness saves her, and both loaded with personality. The male is always on his back toes jumping, can't break him, so must be another breed in him, just born to do it.  I lucked out with him.  Neither bark except to alert me, then stop, so lucky here as I have had barkers and that is not pleasant.

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@spindlegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl

@spindlegirl   The girl is a Golden Yorkie, or mix thereof, lol, not Yorkie ears, and the male is a mix of wire hair fox terrier, I think, and poodle, and who knows what else.  He looks like a polar bear now with his winter coat, white with a bit of cream, curled tail over back, this tail is another mix, lol, maybe Spitz, beautiful little fox face.

He is obedient, she is not, lol, has a mind of her own, drives me crazy, but her cuteness saves her, and both loaded with personality. The male is always on his back toes jumping, can't break him, so must be another breed in him, just born to do it.  I lucked out with him.  Niether bark except to alert me, then stop, so lucky here as I have had barkers and that is not pleasant.

They sound ADORABLE @mousiegirl!!!

They lucked out when they joined your family. Sweet descriptions.

🐶💘

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

For those that are missing the April cam, I am a supporter of Service Dog Project who raises and trains Great Danes for those that have mobility challenges.  They have I think four or five 24 hour cameras including this link to their nursery as they just had puppies:

http://explore.org/live-cams/player/great-danes-puppy-nursery-cam

Also, the Explore.org site has dozens of great and gorgeous cameras throughout the world and it's nice to read about those that are dedicating their lives to helping our furry and feathered friends . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe, Thank you for the site.  Heart 

I watched the baby danes for awhile and the young lady who is sleeping with them had to check and count each one.  Then I checked on the Panda cam and then the Owl cam.  I will tell my grand-children about this site.  They already knew about the April cam and the DC Eagle cam.  Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

All is well and baby continues to grow, he is now looking us in the eyes!

To answer a few of the pressing questions we continue to receive inquiry on:...

The Giraffe Cam is not gone forever! This week we will announce viewing day/times for you to check in and watch progress! This schedule will continue until noted differently.
A permanent yard cam will go up this season which will also reconnect you to your favorite giraffe family.

Text alert subscribers will receive weekly updates and photos/video (capturing this milestones); once a week, until May 31st.
Subscribe at: www.aprilthegiraffealert.com

Our website is a resource to help plan your trips! Everything you need to know and more.
Www.theanimaladventurepark.com

Our Aprilthegiraffe.com website will remain up and active with links to the online store, hotel and transportation partnerships, and more.

Lastly! We will announce the calf's name - tentatively - May 1st. In a couple days we will end round 1 voting and announce the top 10 names! Voting in round 2 will be for 5 days.
Vote now to get your name of choice in the top 10 and then again to drive it to the top of round 2. Www.nameaprilscalf.com
See More

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Suziepeach- I was just coming on here to post this. 

I was was happy to read it. Glad that we'll still be able to see the giraffes. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh, I am so happy about the permanent yard cam coming too!!  That sure is better than nothing!!!   Like I told the mister, the calf is looking at them at eye level now.. wow just wow on fast this little guy is growing..  

Sounds like you're making it through withdrawal real well.  I still go to youtube to look at their videoes, LOL ..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh, I am so happy about the permanent yard cam coming too!!  That sure is better than nothing!!!   Like I told the mister, the calf is looking at them at eye level now.. wow just wow on fast this little guy is growing..  

Sounds like you're making it through withdrawal real well.  I still go to youtube to look at their videoes, LOL ..  

Don't give me too much credit @Suziepeach. I watched the birth again on their Facebook page yesterday. I miss watching them and will take whatever we can get. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach, @gidgetgh

Great news!Heart

Thank you guys for keeping us posted!Heart

Can't wait to see how much he's grown!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.