Honored Contributor

April the Giraffe grants wish!

April the Giraffe just granted a very special wish to a 10-year-old boy who had watched her for months with the rest of the world. 

Alex, who has a life-threatening seizure disorder, and his family traveled from Ohio to the Animal Adventure Park in New York Tuesday for the meet and greet. We're told when Alex was offered a wish through the Make-A-Wish Foundation, his decision to meet April was without hesitation.

You'll remember ... millions watched April's live stream through her pregnancy and birth of her baby boy, Tajiri, nearly two months ago.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: April the Giraffe grants wish!

Thanks to everyone for a great story,

Image result for april the giraffe pics

Honored Contributor

Thanks @KingstonsMom for posting this! He will treasure the picture of him with April, Taji, and the staff of Animal Adventure Park. I'm sure he and his family are leaving with great memories. What a great way to start my day! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom - Thanks for this story.  These days we need our hearts lifted and this story did that for me this morning!  Bless this sweet little boy and his family.  April is a rock star! 

Trusted Contributor

I went to McDonald's yesterday with the intention of getting a drink. I then saw the sign that they were including Beanies in the Happy Meals.

So, I changed my order and got a HM just for the Beanie and guess which one was in there,,,,a giraffe!

It is so cute! If you love April, you HAVE to get a Happy Meal toy with a little Taj!

Animals like April are so special and I am glad the little boy got to meet her!

Honored Contributor

Way to go April, you are terrific!

Honored Contributor

Great story, thanks for posting!  Good news always welcome!  Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

That's beautiful, thanks so much for posting 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"