Honored Contributor

Re: April the Giraffe -- a perfect ending

@Suziepeach

Awww ... me too... sniff sniff

you all know that @gidgetgh will need therapy starting tomorrow, right? LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Ok, I'm crying as well. Jordan did mention to tune in next Tuesday/Wed/Thurs - maybe they are going to have a cam up for certain time periods? Hope so!

On the other hand, I've had a great time with all of you for the past few weeks. I look forward to maybe some updates here and of course, seeing you around the forum - Riley1

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Suziepeach

Awww ... me too... sniff sniff

you all know that @gidgetgh will need therapy starting tomorrow, right? LOL

LOL poor @gidgetgh, bet his couch will be faux giraffe print.

Dang I mean.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They just all said goodbye on FB... next M or T will announce name and will announce Times the cam will be BACK UP YAY🎉 

Said to go to YouTube now for the good bye!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I'll survive it guys- LOL.  Just another change.  I hate change, but it will be fine.  And they said they'll still have the camera up sometimes so that's good!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I am crying. I can't believe how this is affecting me. With all of the other things going on in my life, this was a happy place for me to visit - both watching April, Oliver, and Baby, and talking with everyone here. 

I am so going to miss watching her. The sign they held up makes me think they are still considering what to do. I really think they might consider going live again before the park opens, maybe on the weekends for just a few hours. Jordan has also talked about a "virtual zoo," showcasing all of the animals in his park. 

Jordan and his wife are expecting their second child soon too. That man has a lot on his plate! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

I am crying. I can't believe how this is affecting me. With all of the other things going on in my life, this was a happy place for me to visit - both watching April, Oliver, and Baby, and talking with everyone here. 

I am so going to miss watching her. The sign they held up makes me think they are still considering what to do. I really think they might consider going live again before the park opens, maybe on the weekends for just a few hours. Jordan has also talked about a "virtual zoo," showcasing all of the animals in his park. 

Jordan and his wife are expecting their second child soon too. That man has a lot on his plate! Smiley Happy

@beach-mom- I know what you mean.  When I first found out about April, from a friend, I thought "there is no way I'm going to sit and stare at a giraffe on the screen for hours on end.  No way".  And then I tuned in.

I've been going through some "stuff"- haven't been feeling the best for some months and had a family situation that came out of the blue and it made me extremely stressed and sad before I started watching and I tuned in one day and that was that.

And it seemed to help me forget about my troubles a little.  Kept me focusing on something fun and beautiful.  

I've never been big on change and am horrible at goodbyes so I knew I'd cry today.  April just came along at the absolutely right time for me and I'm so grateful for it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

Image result for animated hug gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

cried "good" tears -  just a beautiful lift. at just the right time.   thanks, @LTT1

Honored Contributor