Honored Contributor

April's baby on GMA right now eastern time!

Will name now-Jordan and baby on!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: April's baby on GMA right now eastern time!

As I watched this adorable little baby with his handler I was struck with saddness that he will never get to roam in the wild, he will spend his life confined and always be dependant on people for food etc. He really won't get to experience life as he should.

Honored Contributor

I hope he gets to go to a zoo where he will be able to play outside most of the time and have lots of interesting friends and things to see and do. 

He certainly will have a different life than the wild giraffes but I can hope, like his name, that it will be a happy and loving one.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

As I watched this adorable little baby with his handler I was struck with saddness that he will never get to roam in the wild, he will spend his life confined and always be dependant on people for food etc. He really won't get to experience life as he should.

@151949 - I understand what you're saying, but I tell myself his life will be longer (probably), he will be safe from predators, he will be loved and spoiled, and for the most part he will be free to do what he wants. He will also probably become a dad many times someday! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

And grateful that he got to be born and he'll help keep the giraffe population going. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@on the bay@gidgetgh@beach-mom

Tajiri ... Taj... Taji

Swahili for "faith" "hope"

"Hope" was for the hope that endangered Giraffe population will be safe for future generations.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~