Honored Contributor

April Fool ☃️❄️☃️

Well after a long stretch of really nice weather, we are expecting snow tomorrow. Just a few inches, and truthfully it is not unheard of to get snow in April. My birthday is the 20th and I've had snow many times on that day. It's just that it has been so nice this March and it lulled me into thinking winter was really over. Oh well , it won't last , but it does seem like it's mother nature's April Fool's joke . Very funny. 😏

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Re: April Fool ☃️❄️☃️

Happy Birthday in advance !

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Happy Birthday in advance !

@Daisy Sunflower , Thanks, I will be so freaking old, but it beats the alternative. 🥰

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 , snow now seems like such a drag.  Like you, it would not be unheard of for us to see some.  DH and I both took off our winter tires yesterday so we are in Spring mode come what may!  Today is my birthday.  My garden is just waking up, life is good. Happy birthday to you!  S.

Esteemed Contributor

We had a heavy frost overnight.  Got down to 25 degrees.  It was 70's all last week and many perennials and trees got fooled into budding.  Haha.  In years passed, I would've gone out and covered plants with upside-down buckets and sheets.  Now that seems like too much work to me!  My new motto is:  Let it go.

We've had snow in April many times.  Life on the plains.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Happy birthday in advance!  I hope it's a good one.

Have we had any actual April Fool posts here yet - you know, someone pulling our leg? 

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 , snow now seems like such a drag.  Like you, it would not be unheard of for us to see some.  DH and I both took off our winter tires yesterday so we are in Spring mode come what may!  Today is my birthday.  My garden is just waking up, life is good. Happy birthday to you!  S.

@Lilysmom1 , Happy Birthday !  🎂🍾🎂

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1  HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! 🎂🎁🎈🃏

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Well after a long stretch of really nice weather, we are expecting snow tomorrow. Just a few inches, and truthfully it is not unheard of to get snow in April. My birthday is the 20th and I've had snow many times on that day. It's just that it has been so nice this March and it lulled me into thinking winter was really over. Oh well , it won't last , but it does seem like it's mother nature's April Fool's joke . Very funny. 😏

Happy Birthday!!! I live in the northern panhandle of WV, about 30 miles from Pittsburgh, and we are having a snow this morning. I have a magnoia tree, with the most buds I have ever seen on it, ready to burst open and I'm crossing my fingers it won't freeze them. also a weeping cherry that has a pink hue from buds. Hopeing it goes away.

Respected Contributor

@HLP , last year our holly got hit by a frost in Jun and we lost all the flowers so no berries.  The birds were sad!  Me too!  S