Esteemed Contributor

Re: Apps — Why Do You Think They Are Pushed and Pushed

I shop QVC and a few other places exclusively through the phone app.

It is much, much faster, smoother and uncluttered versus the website, in my experiences. 

And ultimately,  they want to eliminate all person to person ordering.

Honored Contributor

I have deleted most retailer apps. Most are cumbersome and don't work as well as just going to the internet and bringing up the retailer.

Honored Contributor

I'm no expert, but I imagine the app gives all kinds of demographic information about the user and where she's been and where she is at the moment that a website would not.

The only apps I use are for rebates.  All of my shopping is done at home on the computer; why would I need to shop while away from home?

Honored Contributor

Apps enable impluse buying.

Honored Contributor

Never read the research, but I suspect apps create their own kind of loyalty, and I do know that fickle as shoppers are, companies need any bit of loyalty they can get.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel that the apps are sometimes more frustrating than helpful.  If they can perfect them someday then that may be different.  But I do as others, I shop at home on my computer.

I never use my phone to shop and I don't understand shopping while out and about??  

Honored Contributor

It bugs me as I can't get cell service at home so I let my phone lapse.  Even McDonald's and Subway show favoritism for app users. 

Respected Contributor

I'm tired of the push for everyone to use mobile apps. It's one thing, if you have the choice to choose between your phone, or computer, but some sites don't offer a choice now. 

Recently my financial guy sent me a text with a site I needed to visit that required an e-signature confirmation. I couldn't pull up the site. I called and asked him to send it to my laptop. The answer was, it's only delivered by phone.

Are you kidding me? So, when in his office the next time, he tried my phone and couldn't get it to work either. But, still, no other options. It's likely because my phone is dated and needs an upgrade, but since when is a phone a requirement to do business? On our dime, btw. Keeping current with our mobile phones isn't cheap. 

What about seniors who don't even have a mobile phone?  It's a personal device. It's starting to feel intrusive. If this IS the wave of the future, we're going to have a big problem.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never used the App .... can you get a good look at the item being sold?

I went online earlier to get a closer look at the LOGO button front shirt that was on TV earlier today.  

Glad I did ... not buying after seeing it close up.

My guess - more and quicker purchases via App.  I need to see things close up.

Trusted Contributor

Another way for them to monitor our behavior.  Just like the chip that was inserted in me when I got the vaccine.  LOLOL.  Only kidding.