Honored Contributor

Appreciation for all of you post 😊

Last Friday, I asked for advice and you all came through as usual.  There was some really profound and direct advice which I took to heart and shared with my coworkers too.  

if you missed the saga, my employer sold us all off again and the new owners are basically cleaning house which means our cardboard boxes are lined up and ready to walk next Wednesday.  For me, it's been an almost 19 year run.

We're not supposed to know we are all fired but we know.  Tonight, I applied for a new job to begin a new career.  I have decided to do what I love and forget about money.  I'll make it work.  

I am also going to pursue publishing and hope to make up some of my income on ebooks.  Amazon here I come.  I've been told too often how good I am and I need to put my writing out there.  So I will.

The job I applied for is part time around the corner which I know can be full time at any moment I choose.  I just need a foot in the door to start.  And pursuing my writing is a lifelong dream.  I figured if I can start out slow, I'll take some breaths which I definitely need right now before going strong again.

Not sure how it will all fall into place or if it will but I am optimistic about the future and walking away from that which does not serve me anymore.  Thank you all so much for being my sounding boards.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: Appreciation for all of you post 😊

@Laura14 Yay for you, and thanks for the update.

I read your original post but didn't reply.

It's great when people update us on their "situations" as you did. I wish you all the very very best in your future!!

Respected Contributor

@Laura14   Well, I wish you all the best in having come to a decision.  Good luck with the new part time job and the writing job.

When one door closes . . .

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

So you will continue living in your mother's residence?  That should save you some money.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like you made a good choice that makes you happy. Congrats!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Last Friday, I asked for advice and you all came through as usual.  There was some really profound and direct advice which I took to heart and shared with my coworkers too.  

if you missed the saga, my employer sold us all off again and the new owners are basically cleaning house which means our cardboard boxes are lined up and ready to walk next Wednesday.  For me, it's been an almost 19 year run.

We're not supposed to know we are all fired but we know.  Tonight, I applied for a new job to begin a new career.  I have decided to do what I love and forget about money.  I'll make it work.  

I am also going to pursue publishing and hope to make up some of my income on ebooks.  Amazon here I come.  I've been told too often how good I am and I need to put my writing out there.  So I will.

The job I applied for is part time around the corner which I know can be full time at any moment I choose.  I just need a foot in the door to start.  And pursuing my writing is a lifelong dream.  I figured if I can start out slow, I'll take some breaths which I definitely need right now before going strong again.

Not sure how it will all fall into place or if it will but I am optimistic about the future and walking away from that which does not serve me anymore.  Thank you all so much for being my sounding boards.  Heart

Best of luck ! Let us know when we can read something of yours. 🍀🍀

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  For now.  If I can get some experience in my new field, it just makes sense to take advantage of cheap living and then I can go and be wherever I want which was some of the point all along. No more job insecurity.  

Esteemed Contributor

For every No there is a greater Yes.

We can't always see it, but we feel around in the dark, just as you are doing. The best to you -- remember, Law of Attraction

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Life is short and if you don't live your dream you may regret it. My son has always marched to a different drummer and has always done his own thing, he's 35 now and has no regrets. It takes a lot of time and effort to be successfully self employed. At least that's what I tell myself when it takes my son days to get back to me when I text him. Good luck

Esteemed Contributor

Good Luck !