Honored Contributor

Re: Appreciate You All (Re: My Health Update Thursday)

@NickNack,

So glad to read this good news!

Wishes with Christmas Graphics, Christmas Greetings, Christmas Images, Christmas Photos and Pictures for Orkut, Facebook, other Social Network Websites.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad @NickNack!

And thank YOU! for your sweet post

and letting us know.

Hoping you and we all have a Merry Christmas, whether by ourselves, our best 4 legged friend(s) or feathers, or scales, and oh yes, maybe human family too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@NickNack That's a great update. If you stay with the current readings, you definitely can wait to see your doctor next week. It does take a bit of time to achieve the consistent desired therapeutic results when first starting B/P meds.

I know, since when I started a regimen, my B/P was 170/110. We dropped it to a safer zone, much like where you are now and gave it a little time. Eventually I settled with a value usually on the lower side and it has maintained.

This is good, since you never want to drop a very high B/P too rapidly. Your body needs a little time to adjust to the change. 

Wishing you well and sincerely hope your kidney ultrasound reveals a benign cyst, or lesion. I had a cyst noted on my R kidney during a CT for something else. The doc was concerned and immediately sent me for ultrasound.

Seems I have a 9cm kidney with a 7cm cyst that is fluid filled. So it turned out to be a common type cyst, with mine on the larger side. It could cause problems, but there's no intervention unless it does. At least I know about it. Lots of people have them and don't know.

Thankfully, you've learned about your situation and are in the process of diagnosing. Early detection of potential problems is very important, as we all know. You may have had a little Christmas angel hoovering about.  

So, try to meditate, relax and think positive. I know it's hard, but worry won't change a thing, it will only complicate the situation. Hang in there, knowing many caring thoughts are with you. Try your best to enjoy the holiday. 

PS: Your SIL was absolutley right. 

Honored Contributor

@NickNack Oh my even tho I don't know you I am THRILLED with your BP numbers!! Mazel Tov and congratulations!!! Thanks for all the info and update. Sounds like things are going in the right direction yay! Heart

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack 

Glad the numbers are going in the right direction and that you seem to be doing better.  Have a peaceful holiday.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like you're on the right road. Coping strategies make a huge difference.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@NickNack  So glad your BP is lower now.  When will you find out about the kidney lesion?  I can so relate to the stress of health probs--and right during the holidays!   I had to have a biopsy just yesterday as an earlier scan showed something in my pelvis. I had cancer 4 yrs ago and they're pretty sure it's back. Am very scared.

@KKJ   I am so very sorry about your health issues.  I do hope your biopsy turns out to be benign.  I understand how scared you must be.  When will you hear something?  Please come back and let us know what you find out and what will happen from there.

My appointment with the Urologist is January 3rd, and we will go from there.  I feel like the initial tests that my PCP ordered when my blood pressure shot up may be what he would have done.  Having the results when I see him will help a lot.  My renal scan isn't scheduled until the day after I see him though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack ,

Thank you for this update on your health. I am so glad that your blood pressure is coming down for you. Now, you can enjoy the holiday with your Henry and Ava. 

I will be keeping you in my prayers for good results from the testing to come. 

Merry Christmas  to you, Henry, and Ava. 

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@NickNack  So glad your BP is lower now.  When will you find out about the kidney lesion?  I can so relate to the stress of health probs--and right during the holidays!   I had to have a biopsy just yesterday as an earlier scan showed something in my pelvis. I had cancer 4 yrs ago and they're pretty sure it's back. Am very scared.

Hoping the results come back showing it's not back @KKJ .  My thoughts are with you and sorry you're having to go thru this.  Please give us an update.  Take care.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal and @NickNack  Thanks for your kind words. I'm hoping for a good result as well but Dr. is pretty sure it is as the tumor marker test I took awhile back was sky high which is indicative of recurrence.