Honored Contributor

Appreciate You All (Re: My Health Update Thursday)

I'm posting this as a new message since I know everyone doesn't read all of the posts in a thread.  I am overwhelmed with all of the comments, prayers and concerns over my health issues that I posted about yesterday ("Another Setback With My Health" on Thurs. 12/23).  I very much appreciate all of you.  

When reading about the blood pressure medicine that I'm taking, it said that your blood pressure should start going down in an hour (it did), and that it could take about two weeks to get where it should be.  Before I went to bed last night it was 152/98, and my pulse was below 100.  This morning it was 132/89 and my pulse was 91.  I was very encouraged about that.  If it stays that way I won't need to call my doctor on Monday.  My appointment with her for a blood pressure check is on Wednesday.

I'm going to bring my blood pressure cuff with me to compare it to  hers.  I've always found it to be accurate though.  

My niece is getting her PhD to be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.  I told her I wanted to talk with her today about some coping strategies I can use to get through all of the diagnosis and treatment that I will be going through in the near future.  I know she will be able to help me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Re: Appreciate You All (Re: My Health Update Thursday)

@NickNack That's wonderful news.  I wish you continued improvement.

Respected Contributor

So glad to hear this, @NickNack . I added you to the healing prayer that I say every morning and will continue. Take care.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Great news! You sound much more confident/encouraged in tackling this!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@NickNack  So glad to be reading this morning that you are doing better.  Hoping you continue to see improvement.  Take it easy and don't overdo anything these next several days.  That's a great idea to compare blood pressure cuffs and a good reminder for me to check mine when I have my appointment next month.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack That's wonderful. Talking about it with your niece and perhaps eventually another professional is a brave and positive step.

Wishing you all the best🙏

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Excellent news!  You sound as though you feel more in command of what is going on in your health life now, and that offers so much relief to a concerned person.

Best of luck to you for continued improvement!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack  So glad your BP is lower now.  When will you find out about the kidney lesion?  I can so relate to the stress of health probs--and right during the holidays!   I had to have a biopsy just yesterday as an earlier scan showed something in my pelvis. I had cancer 4 yrs ago and they're pretty sure it's back. Am very scared.

Valued Contributor

@NickNack so glad to hear this good news.  It is often necessary to adjust dosage or even type of blood pressure meds. That's why you were told to chart 2x per day.  Be mindful of things that might raise blood pressure like sodium and caffeine and stress.  Thankful your neice with be able to help with some coping strategies.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Stay strong

Super Contributor

@NickNack  I saw another blue jay today and thought of you!  I'm happy to hear the relief in your update.  Prayers worked, stay well!

@KingstonsMom  also thinking & praying for you and your DH. Hope all is good this holiday weekend. 

Merry Christmas to everyone here at the Q!!  I enjoy keeping up with you all via this forum!  🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄