Super Contributor

Re: Apples have acid and are bad for your teeth if you eat alot...................what

An apple has around 100 calories. Six apples are going to have 600 calories. That's half a 1200 daily calorie allowance, just in apples.

Honored Contributor

Re: Apples have acid and are bad for your teeth if you eat alot...................what

I would only eat one a day and try to find another low calorie snack.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

i'm on a mango kick. i love mangos.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

I would think that anyone eating 4 -6 apples every day for weeks would not be to concerned about losing wt. Or sugar consumption. Apples eaten in that quanity can give you gas and diarrhea. So if you have none of the above munch away.
Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 irishmama5 said: I would think that anyone eating 4 -6 apples every day for weeks would not be to concerned about losing wt. Or sugar consumption. Apples eaten in that quanity can give you gas and diarrhea. So if you have none of the above munch away.

Yes, that would be my main concern too!

Super Contributor

Non organic apples are sprayed with a lot of pesticides. You need to wash them thoroughly, and then I still wonder if the pesticides are inside the skins of them.

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 evelomaddict said:

Girl...I was cussing over mangoes last night!! I can't seem to pick a fresh one w/out spoilage AND without making a mess...so just get the frozen mango chunks. Any advice for a mango-newbie like me?

BTW...I was making this Fab-o recipe: 1 cup mango, 1/3-1/2 avocado, rosemary & chives...blend. Pour over 5 spiralized zucchini 'noodles'....WOW, WOW. Sprinkle a little salt on top...I just finished a huge bowl, but my mouth still waters when I write this!! Try it...even over a bed of greens, it makes an amazing dressing.

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 colliemom3 said:
On 6/2/2014 irishmama5 said: I would think that anyone eating 4 -6 apples every day for weeks would not be to concerned about losing wt. Or sugar consumption. Apples eaten in that quanity can give you gas and diarrhea. So if you have none of the above munch away.

Yes, that would be my main concern too!

Gas/diarrhea tends to come from a diet high in fat & animal products. Of course the beans in a plant-based diet can cause gas, but that soon dissipates when eating a lower fat diet. Eating fruit on top of animal products, on top of fatty items? Lawdy....that's why there's a stink in the bathroom!

If you're juicing....this recipe is a good one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGVk-3hqFjc&sns=em

Super Contributor

On 6/2/2014 evelomaddict said:

I've read that mangos are one of those super foods. Love mangos, too.

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 RubyinNE said:

Non organic apples are sprayed with a lot of pesticides. You need to wash them thoroughly, and then I still wonder if the pesticides are inside the skins of them.

I saw a report not long ago that did say that the pesticides get inside the fruits/vegetables and that washing them won't help that.

Apples are on the "Dirty Dozen" list, those foods that should always be bought organic because of the high amounts of pesticides used.

I always buy organic apples, even though they do cost more. I love apples, eat one every day, and don't like the idea of eating pesticides.