Super Contributor

Apples have acid and are bad for your teeth if you eat alot...................what

I can't believe this........I have been eating about 4-6 apples a day for about 3 weeks and just found out they have acid and can harm your teeth like soda.......what on earth can we eat that does not hurt our teeth?

Valued Contributor

Re: Apples have acid and are bad for your teeth if you eat alot...................what

Don't believe everything you hear!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Apples have acid and are bad for your teeth if you eat alot...................what

I heard that from a pediatric dentist, fruit, fruit juice and those fruit rolls.

Trusted Contributor

4-6 apples a day is a lot of apples.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/31/2014 abbeythe8th said:

I agree. Moderation is the key. All fruits have acid. One or two apples a day is fine as long as you brush your teeth.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

that is a lot of apples.

I'd brush my teeth and not worry about it.

Super Contributor

Well I have been eating apples to try and not eat sweets.......but I can brush my teeth each time and I don't have to eat prunes now.

Super Contributor

I read that you were trying to reduce the sugar in your diet? 4 to 6 apples a day is not going to accomplish that goal.

Eating that many apples will not only affect the acid in your mouth (and didn't you say that you suffered from dry mouth syndrome??) but it will also add to your discomfort and add additional calories you probably don't need if you are trying to lose the 35 pounds you said you gained the past few months.

Cut back to one or perhaps two at the most....

Honored Contributor

Many foods are acidic. Don't worry about it. But 4-6 apples a day is a lot of apples. I'd cut back to two.

Honored Contributor

On 5/31/2014 abbeythe8th said:

I can down that in one meal! Nothing better than a big fruit plate of 4 small-medium sized apples, 3 oranges, 2 cucumbers & big glass of coconut water. Roughly 600 calories. Sweet, tons of fiber, hydrating, super filling...nothing wrong with several apples a day. Cut up a couple, sprinkle on some cinnamon & microwave for a warm, sweet dessert!!