Honored Contributor

Re: Apparently some NYer's really hate that Taylor Swift is the city's tourism ambassador :(

On 11/7/2014 puglet1 said:

Croemer, I just do not take WW as seriously as you do. I don't take anything a gossip talk show host says to heart. I'm sorry. We differ there. I'm not trying to argue the point. It's a non-issue.

puglet, I am not arguing the point of whether I take her seriously or not. I was just making the point that yes Wendy W. called her out and not very nicely as NO ambassador of NY. I do not find her as the ambassador either...but was turned off on how vehemently she went off on TS. I doubt TS made this decision...but she and her representatives may have pursued this....thats all. I am not mad or anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Re: Apparently some NYer's really hate that Taylor Swift is the city's tourism ambassador :(

On 11/7/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I guess Wendy Williams is "big news." {#emotions_dlg.blink} She is "Us" magazine on tv. She needs something to gossip about, lol. I saw the show where she talked about it and she was not really upset. It made for a gossipy topic of conversation for her show, that's all.

I would disagree. Wendy didn't bring this up once, she brought it up twice. And I'd say she was upset. She wasn't a raving lunatic about it but yes, she was upset.

I've been waiting to hear from you LD since you first mentioned WW. Smile Again, all I'll say is my perception of WW and what she does on her show may not be yours. I just don't take her tv persona too seriously and her show is certainly not "big news" as someone else referred to it.

But again, I'm not here to argue the tangential topics that have come up here. I'd still like to know from the OP if she acknowledges that she started an erroneous thread about "hateful New Yorkers." Smile

I certainly don't think Wendy speaks for all or even most NY'ers in this, that's for sure. And while I think we all know that Wendy's show is a gossip/talk show, that doesn't negate the fact that she had strong feelings about TS and this situation.

Wendy is outspoken about a lot of issues and gives what is her opinion and nothing more. Wendy talking on her show about any of her hot topics is really no different than us sitting here discussing it on this board. It's just an opinion. But I do think it's really how she feels.

Honored Contributor

I guess Wendy Williams is "big news." {#emotions_dlg.blink} She is "Us" magazine on tv. She needs something to gossip about, lol. I saw the show where she talked about it and she was not really upset. It made for a gossipy topic of conversation for her show, that's all.

I would disagree. Wendy didn't bring this up once, she brought it up twice. And I'd say she was upset. She wasn't a raving lunatic about it but yes, she was upset.

I've been waiting to hear from you LD since you first mentioned WW. Smile Again, all I'll say is my perception of WW and what she does on her show may not be yours. I just don't take her tv persona too seriously and her show is certainly not "big news" as someone else referred to it.

But again, I'm not here to argue the tangential topics that have come up here. I'd still like to know from the OP if she acknowledges that she started an erroneous thread about "hateful New Yorkers." Smile

I certainly don't think Wendy speaks for all or even most NY'ers in this, that's for sure. And while I think we all know that Wendy's show is a gossip/talk show, that doesn't negate the fact that she had strong feelings about TS and this situation.

Wendy is outspoken about a lot of issues and gives what is her opinion and nothing more. Wendy talking on her show about any of her hot topics is really no different than us sitting here discussing it on this board. It's just an opinion. But I do think it's really how she feels.

Oh exactly she was very vehement on how unhappy she was with this decision and how angry she is at TS. Not saying NY made the right decision but she did really go off on TS.

Honored Contributor

Is this ambassador position something TS paid for?

The Hollywood Walk of Fame is paid for by the celebrities.

Trusted Contributor

Am I the only one who thinks this painting looks nothing like TS?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

On 11/7/2014 brii said:

Is this ambassador position something TS paid for?

The Hollywood Walk of Fame is paid for by the celebrities.

I wonder myself. I have read over and over her Dad bought her recording contract. Now she had to do something with it and she has really done that.

No that painting does not look like TS adelle.

Respected Contributor

Taylor Swift has gotten death threats so yes, that mural is inappropriate and the city needs to intervene and have it removed!

Honored Contributor

All I know is that I like her new song ""Shake it Off"" and she almost always looks FABU at award shows.

I

Honored Contributor

I'm an ex New Yorker and will always be one in my heart (does that count?) and I certainly don't hate TS. What's to hate? Has she ever killed anyone? Been mean to small animals? Hit her grandmother?

I've never even seen Wendy Williams actually say anything and don't really care if I ever do.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the painting looks like her either.