Respected Contributor

Re: Apparently some NYer's really hate that Taylor Swift is the city's tourism ambassador :(

On 11/7/2014 Free2be said:

She was probably named because she has been vocal about how much she loves NY and recently bought a very expensive apartment. It isn't about representing residents, its about "come to NY and you'll love it" -- IMO.

The boutique owners humor is twisted. I feel a little sorry for them for the fan anger their receiving but they could have counted on that. Like they said, I also hope she can make light of it -- she's very strong.

Perfectly stated!

Super Contributor

Re: Apparently some NYer's really hate that Taylor Swift is the city's tourism ambassador :(

On 11/7/2014 ILikeShade said:
On 11/7/2014 puglet1 said:

I guess Wendy Williams is "big news." {#emotions_dlg.blink} She is "Us" magazine on tv. She needs something to gossip about, lol. I saw the show where she talked about it and she was not really upset. It made for a gossipy topic of conversation for her show, that's all.

You know I'm beginning to think that you're just jealous of Taylor. She's got that gorgeous multi million dollar penthouse and is seen everywhere on the streets of NYC in her designer clothes. Pretty good for a new resident!!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

She's very beautiful and talented, found. Smile

Yes, she is puglit and has the money and cachet to attract a lot of tourist dollars to the city.

Yes, she certainly does have the money and cachet to attract tourists, which remains to be seen (and I don't know how one even measures the success of that, lol). However, a synonym for the word "Ambassador" is "representative" and I just don't know how anyone living here for 7 months can begin to represent what she knows little about.

Gawd, this is so unimportant. Really. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Trusted Contributor

"Yet, the entire nation if not the world has gotten wind of this. Uh huh."

I guess the people down wind of it got wind of it, but it's not a big story.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

I guess Wendy Williams is "big news." {#emotions_dlg.blink} She is "Us" magazine on tv. She needs something to gossip about, lol. I saw the show where she talked about it and she was not really upset. It made for a gossipy topic of conversation for her show, that's all.

You know I'm beginning to think that you're just jealous of Taylor. She's got that gorgeous multi million dollar penthouse and is seen everywhere on the streets of NYC in her designer clothes. Pretty good for a new resident!!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

She's very beautiful and talented, found. Smile

Yes, she is puglit and has the money and cachet to attract a lot of tourist dollars to the city.

Yes, she certainly does have the money and cachet to attract tourists, which remains to be seen (and I don't know how one even measures the success of that, lol). However, a synonym for the word "Ambassador" is "representative" and I just don't know how anyone living here for 7 months can begin to represent what she knows little about.

And there it is! It's not about the length of time but what you do with it. I'm sure Taylor has seen and done more in NYC that the majority of residents and yet she graciously wants to give back and provide other newcomers with information about NYC so they can enjoy the city too.

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Somebody either did not watch the Wendy Williams show or didn't listen...she came right out and said she was furious and went on about it for several minutes of how ticked off she was that TS was the face of NY now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

That hideous painting should be a crime. What an eyesore.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

On 11/7/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:

That hideous painting should be a crime. What an eyesore.

Respected Contributor

The only thing I dislike about Taylor Swift is that her musical ability is very limited. She has a great publicist, though.

Super Contributor

And there it is! It's not about the length of time but what you do with it. I'm sure Taylor has seen and done more in NYC that the majority of residents and yet she graciously wants to give back and provide other newcomers with information about NYC so they can enjoy the city too.

I highly doubt that, but you may believe whatever you wish. TS is undoubtedly coached and scripted for whatever commercials she has done which, BTW, I haven't seen yet.

But getting back to your OP, I'm still curious. Do you acknowledge that you presented an erroneous story of "hateful New Yorkers?"

Honored Contributor

On 11/7/2014 insomniac said:

The only thing I dislike about Taylor Swift is that her musical ability is very limited. She has a great publicist, though.

I agree...and she puts on a good show.