Respected Contributor

Re: Apparently some NYer's really hate that Taylor Swift is the city's tourism ambassador :(

One thing I like about Las Vegas is how friendly everyone is. Very few people pull that krrap that they were born here and you weren't.

Super Contributor

Re: Apparently some NYer's really hate that Taylor Swift is the city's tourism ambassador :(

On 11/7/2014 ILikeShade said:

One thing I like about Las Vegas is how friendly everyone is. Very few people pull that krrap that they were born here and you weren't.

I'm sorry you feel the need for defensive back-pedaling. You really are grasping. {#emotions_dlg.sad} It's not necessary.

BTW, did you just "out" yourself in your last post? Wink

Respected Contributor

On 11/7/2014 puglet1 said:

I'm sorry you feel the need for defensive back-pedaling. You really are grasping. {#emotions_dlg.sad} It's not necessary.

Defensive back pedaling? Wow! You're taking this whole thing way too seriously.

Regarding my nic change. I posted a thread telling everyone that I changed it. Also, I had it in my signature for weeks on end that I my former nic is foundinlv. Most people got it anyway. Real big "deception" that someone who lives in the desert would like shade!! Too funny!

Respected Contributor

Odd, in a way. Not sure if it boils down to tribalism which I doubt because the citizenry isn't tight, even less so than most cities, or "If it isn't about me, it's wrong". Or is it a feeling of being pushed aside by a new resident? Did she take something away from them?

Why is it that people resist someone loving their city and saying how great it is?

Honored Contributor

Some NYers are not too swift.

Super Contributor

Regarding my nic change. I posted a thread telling everyone that I changed it. Also, I had it in my signature for weeks on end that I my former nic is foundinlv. Most people got it anyway. Real big "deception" that someone who lives in the desert would like shade!! Too funny!

You said that people in Vegas don't "pull that krrap that they were born here and you weren't." I took that to be defensive back-pedaling because I pointed out that your OP was misleading and erroneous.

As far as your nic, I'm not talking about your previous nic foundinlv. I have nothing more to say. Smile

Respected Contributor

On 11/7/2014 Free2be said:

Odd, in a way. Not sure if it boils down to tribalism which I doubt because the citizenry isn't tight, even less so than most cities, or "If it isn't about me, it's wrong". Or is it a feeling of being pushed aside by a new resident? Did she take something away from them?

Why is it that people resist someone loving their city and saying how great it is?

One would think they'd be happy that such a bright and successful young women was promoting tourism since a lot of young people in Taylor's age group (her millions of fans that buy her music) have never been there. Also, Taylor's question and answers about NYC were clever and I'm sure she's 100% right that not many NYers are willing to take a few seconds out of their day to be helpful with details. I could just imagine those effete snobs looking down their nose on her. Good for Taylor!

Trusted Contributor

On 11/7/2014 Free2be said:

This is about two shop owners not all New Yorkers. Frankly, I doubt most New Yorkers have even heard about this and the ones that have probable couldn't care less. I've lived in many cities in this country and New York is as friendly as any of them and I find the people to be a lot more tolerant than some other places.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

You said that people in Vegas don't "pull that krrap that they were born here and you weren't." I took that to be defensive back-pedaling because I pointed out that your OP was misleading and erroneous.

As far as your nic, I'm not talking about your previous nic foundinlv. I have nothing more to say. Smile

Too funny!

Trusted Contributor

On 11/7/2014 brewhaha said:

Some NYers are not too swift.

And yet, you're quoting one in your signature line.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.