Respected Contributor

Re: Apparently some NYer's really hate that Taylor Swift is the city's tourism ambassador :(

On 11/7/2014 SoftRaindrops said:
On 11/7/2014 croemer said:

google :http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/taylor-swifts-vmas-performance-with-her-vocals-isolate-1626334694

<h1 class="headline hover-highlight entry-title"> Taylor Swift's VMAs Performance, With Her Vocals Isolated{#emotions_dlg.crying}</h1>

:

{#emotions_dlg.blink}{#emotions_dlg.crying} I couldn't listen to the entire track, it was so terrible. The girl can't sing. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

The song isn't a ballad. Her voice was fine and her inflections fit the lyrics.

Regular Contributor

Re: Apparently some NYer's really hate that Taylor Swift is the city's tourism ambassador :(

On 11/6/2014 sidsmom said:

Its the same type of hate directed @ Kim Kardashian. No reason why.

These celebrities have a facade. Just like Taylor Swift is 'randier' than her innocent facade, Kim Kardashian is more innocent than her 'se.xy' facade.

It's a classic case of "What's good for the goose, is good for the gander" analogy.

Big difference btw Kardashians and TS is that Taylor Swift actually has talent.

Respected Contributor

On 11/7/2014 Free2be said:
On 11/7/2014 SoftRaindrops said:
On 11/7/2014 croemer said:

google :http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/taylor-swifts-vmas-performance-with-her-vocals-isolate-1626334694

<h1 class="headline hover-highlight entry-title"> Taylor Swift's VMAs Performance, With Her Vocals Isolated{#emotions_dlg.crying}</h1>

:

{#emotions_dlg.blink}{#emotions_dlg.crying} I couldn't listen to the entire track, it was so terrible. The girl can't sing. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

The song isn't a ballad. Her voice was fine and her inflections fit the lyrics.

To my trained ear, she cannot sing. However, I respect your opinion. I simply do not agree with it.

Respected Contributor

On 11/7/2014 pood said:

These celebrities have a facade. Just like Taylor Swift is 'randier' than her innocent facade, Kim Kardashian is more innocent than her 'se.xy' facade.

It's a classic case of "What's good for the goose, is good for the gander" analogy.

And just because someone doesn't consider her talented does not mean they "hate" her. People all have different tastes in music and singers. Not everyone will agree but that doesn't mean they actually "hate" someone.

Respected Contributor

I thought her song ""Red"" was very good and pretty amazing that she wrote it all by herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlot0i3Zykw

Respected Contributor

I understand why they picked Taylor Swift, she's popular now, and seems like a lovely young lady. I also understand why native New Yorkers would be upset about her being picked to represent their city. I do feel that it's inappropriate for the public to attack her for it, find out who picked her and protest to them.

Respected Contributor

On 11/7/2014 pood said:

(comment by insomniac): but not much talent.

Trusted Contributor

@8-10-2020 This post is SIX years old. You are not allowed to bring up old posts like this. Go to page 1 for the current topics and comment on any one of those.

Also... Do you want 8-10-2020 as your name here? You can't use your real name but...

Anyway... I'm sure one of the regulars will help you in a few hours.