Respected Contributor

Re: Apparently I am the Kiss of Death

DH and I are the "kiss of desth" for restaurants. We find a real goodie and go back in a month or 2 and they are GONE! Happened so many times we started having a "backup" spot picked just in case.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Same problem here with Raisin Bran/Cranberries (I guess I contributed to its downfall too 😣)....And I also have bad luck with my favorite bras and panties being  discontinued.....as well as coffe creamer-----no Peppermint Mocha (the used to carry it all year here) and no International Delight Irish Cream.....😕 Same with a couple of the frozen dinners I liked once in a while for lunch....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

DH and I are the "kiss of desth" for restaurants. We find a real goodie and go back in a month or 2 and they are GONE! Happened so many times we started having a "backup" spot picked just in case.

@silkyk I was going to type the same thing!  Seems like every time I find something I really like at a restaurant it's guaranteed to be discontinued before too long.  Very frustrating!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Same problem here with Raisin Bran/Cranberries (I guess I contributed to its downfall too 😣)....And I also have bad luck with my favorite bras and panties being  discontinued.....as well as coffe creamer-----no Peppermint Mocha (the used to carry it all year here) and no International Delight Irish Cream.....😕 Same with a couple of the frozen dinners I liked once in a while for lunch....

@Spurt oh yeah, I have that problem all the time. I'm a 38A and like demi-bras.  

I found some dried cranberries that are infused with pomegrante juice that I add to regular Raisin Bran now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Icegoddess 

@Spurt oh yeah, I have that problem all the time. I'm a 38A and like demi-bras.  

I found some dried cranberries that are infused with pomegrante juice that I add to regular Raisin Bran now.

@Icegoddess 

Thanks for the tip about the cranberries...👍 I like pomegrante juice too

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Icegoddess  you and I both are the kiss of death as far as products we love.  I think it also coincides with getting older and using the same loved products for YEARS.   VERY FRUSTRATING,

Oh I have seen Tarte discontinue products that are new from one year to the next.  Anything I like from them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Oh @Spurt Breezies is a big culprit with the bras!  They change them with each production run.  When I find one that fits, and try to buy it again, the next production has a different fit.

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Icegoddess this stuff happens all the time.  Companies looking to squeeze out more profit change our products all the time.  Cosmetics in paticular, though I must admit I was stunned to see at my Walgreens a couple of week ago the face powder my grandmother favored by Coty, in the same packaging I remember from the 1970s.  There must be some old fans somewhere.

57175074-DF2B-4F94-9871-7A9561CFDECD.jpeg

I think I have seen this within the last year at Walmart.  I had some once, but the powder was not a good shade for me..  I absolutely love the box, though.  I'm glad they've never changed it. 

I might pick some up again should I come across it and try it again.  I use a product called MineralSecrets in the "SeaShell" shade, kind of a rose beige.  Its a hard shade for me to duplicate in other products. 

Honored Contributor

This has been the story of my life!  I finally find products -- usually cosmetics, lotions, shampoos, hair coloring, etc., that I really like and work for me, and then --- boom --- they're gone!  I dare not get too excited over any products!  LOL!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin