Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone withdrawling cash "just in case"?

Yes, I've ALWAYS kept extra cash on hand, safely stored.  It's come in handy many times.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

Actually our financial advisor told us he is keeping a larger amount of cash at home than usual and suggested we do the same.    I always keep some extra money stashed, but not more than a couple of hundred.

@Allegheny   Can I ask you how much cash your Financial advisor suggested to have on hand?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

NOTHING to do with ~

Spending Fear,

COVID,

Fear Of Bank Failure,

Hoarding,

Not a Lifestyle Change,

Not a New Behavior

Have Always kept ‘enough’ cash on hand.

Also believe one should own land, and home.

Sue Me!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

No, we learned our lesson in 1995, when we were robbed. Believe me when I say, home safes (even the best of them) can be robbed by experts and leaving money in your house is like waiting for somebody to relieve you of it.

Honored Contributor

Your DH would be doing exactly that; putting a rush on the bank. The last thing we need right now! Everyone needs to calm down; I would take NYT and WSJ, etc. with a grain of salt.
Honored Contributor

ITA. Sometimes it is best to watch anything but the news. It seems to be stirring the pot in many cases. We all need to be aware, not afraid...of the virus and our own finances.
Honored Contributor

Breathe.

Remember how the shortages were started?  Someone "said" there would be a shortage so .......they bought and hoarded......there was a shortage.

Honored Contributor

That is how it works....and now there seems to be enough for everyone except for a few things...because stores put limits on tp and other things....
Esteemed Contributor

We keep some cash on hand in case of power outages, and because not all businesses accept checks, debit or credit cards.

Trusted Contributor

No.