Honored Contributor

Anyone willing to share what they paid for a used 2017 Honda Accord?

Hi. I’ve been online searching at used Honda Accord LXs, preferably 2017s. I have gone to the car buying sites Edmunds, Carfax, CarMax, Carvana, Kelly Bluebook, Trucar, local Honda dealerships, and other dealerships with used Honda Accords for sale. 

I’ve also checked into added costs to finance versus paying cash as well.

One thing Honda dealerships do for used Honda’s with low mileage is they add a National Honda warranty to whatever original warranty is left on the vehicle and they charge for this. I’d like to know what you wound up paying for this mandatory add on.

Of course, there are also DOC fees, which are the dealer fees they tack on. 

I have a fair fair idea what the out the door price would be but I’d love to hear what a real person paid.

If anyone can help me with real numbers they paid I’d spore I ate it. 

I’d  also be interested in costs for anyone that bought a used 2016 Accord LX.

Thank you

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone willing to share what they paid for a used 2017 Honda Accord?

Just looked on line and is seems anywhere between 25,000- 22.500

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D

Honda Accords are a favorite car for people who like Honda. 

Whether you are going to pay cash or finance, I would suggest you give the VIN to your bank or credit union. They will give you a high and low value based on what they are willing to loan for a specific car. 

If you can get the salesperson to write an offer on the specific car you want to purchase you may use that as leverage at another dealership. 

Different states may offer lower prices also and may deliver your car at no cost.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This may or may not help you.

Last November, we purchased our son a 2017 Toyota Camery, loaded with every upgrade you could get, with 8000 miles for $19,000 at CarMaxx. We had been looking for more than year and new what we wanted for him as it was his HS graduation gift. Understand that my car had just died so until he leaves the nest, I'm using it as well for the times I need it. Meanwhile, he's going to work and college now so we work out the time.

It was so new there was still plastic wrap on many of the parts. How'd we get such a great deal? It was a demo. Our local CarMaxx gets them in right when the new models are about to hit the showrooms. We were at the right place at the right time. I've told our salesperson what I'm looking for and to call me when one comes in with those same qualities (not a Toyota but still want that kind of deal). We'll see what happens this fall.

I've learned that there are deals to be made and found....and rarely are they advertised. Going through a dealer, for us, has always proven to be the WORST thing to do.  Good luck with your search!! : )

Honored Contributor

Unless they live in your area, what someone else paid will not help you in determining what you will need to pay. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @butterfly123.... use that as a starting point....

Contributor

I just purchased a 2015 Honda Accord two weeks ago.  If you go to a Honda dealership, they will have certified preowned cars.  You will get remaining warranty.  I don't know if this applies to cars purchased from CarMax.  If you find a car you like on the dealer's website, they list the VIN.  Go to cargurus - car values - look up by VIN.  Enter the VIN number, and you will get a range for the car's value.  This will help with the negotiations.  Of course condition and mileage need to be taken into consideration.