Respected Contributor

Anyone watching So You Think You Can Dance?

I loved the robot routine.

Team Stage's group routine was fabulous.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone watching So You Think You Can Dance?

I am going to go watch it in a few minutes. I dvr'd it. So far this year, I like Jim (the ballet dancer) best and a few of the girls. I am more for the stage dancers than the street.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

It's been one of my favorite shows since the very first season.  Unfortunately, I don't think it's as good this year.  I'm not caring for the format.  I think it's because the routines aren't as tight when you have 3-4 people dancing in a group instead of 2.  It's harder to pay attention to the individual dancers.  Plus, I don't like the increased emphasis on street dance.  Seems like it has always been pretty well represented.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

It's been one of my favorite shows since the very first season.  Unfortunately, I don't think it's as good this year.  I'm not caring for the format.  I think it's because the routines aren't as tight when you have 3-4 people dancing in a group instead of 2.  It's harder to pay attention to the individual dancers.  Plus, I don't like the increased emphasis on street dance.  Seems like it has always been pretty well represented.

You are so right about street dancers being represented in the past.

If you read the bios of the street dancers, most are trained dancers not break dancers off the street.

I'm intrigued by Megz.  In all honesty I wasn't sure whether she was a she or a he.  She has an interesting background and has taken or taught dance for 18 years.  She's appeared in movies, commercials, and videos.  To call her a street dancer is a bit deceiving.

Paula is a better judge here than she was on American Idol.

Valued Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@SHIRAZ wrote:

You are so right about street dancers being represented in the past.

If you read the bios of the street dancers, most are trained dancers not break dancers off the street.

I'm intrigued by Megz.  In all honesty I wasn't sure whether she was a she or a he.  She has an interesting background and has taken or taught dance for 18 years.  She's appeared in movies, commercials, and videos.  To call her a street dancer is a bit deceiving.

Paula is a better judge here than she was on American Idol.

You're definitely right about Paula!  I was upset when they announced her as a judge, but I've been pleasantly surprised.  She seems much more knowledgeable about dance than she did about singing. 

Megz is interesting.  I'm not always sure what to make of her, but I enjoy watching.  She's certainly talented. 

With the over the top costumes and makeup, I find it hard to keep straight who is who in a routine.

I think my favorite so far is Gaby.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."