Honored Contributor

Anyone watching April the giraffe?

I just started watching April, the pregnant giraffe, a few minutes ago, after reading about her on Facebook. 

Anyone else watching the live feed?  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watching April the giraffe?

@gidgetgh

I have been watching for the last 4-5 days.  The live cam has been up on my computer 24/7 since.  Now, my DH and DD both are watching.  We keep cheering her on.

Honored Contributor

IMG_7619.JPG

@gidgetgh@Sassy7356

Yes! I have been hopefully watching!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I've been watching her for the past few days.  Between 9 and 9:30 last night a keeper was in with her giving her treats and giving her kisses.  I wanted to pull the keep out and put me in there.

For those unaware this will be April's fourth calf and Oliver's first.  April is about 15 and if I remember correctly Oliver is 5.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

A few years back we were at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans and the resident giraffe produced a little one as we were watching. Very exciting. I could not believe how the little guy survived the long drop from his Mom to the ground. She lowered herself only slightly and BOP he hit the dirt. She immediately cleaned him up and he got up on his wobbly legs and joined her. Quite something to see.  Enjoy watching April.

QVC Customer Care

@gidgetgh wrote:

I just started watching April, the pregnant giraffe, a few minutes ago, after reading about her on Facebook. 

Anyone else watching the live feed?  

@gidgetgh   I have loved watching this. Ive been watch at least 7 days now. .  They should name the baby "patience".   Haha!!    Susan Q-Social

Honored Contributor

I'm new to giraffe maternity watch. Does anyone know if they know if she's really close to delivering?  Any tell tale signs we should be watching for?

my husband is outside doing yard work. I could take a stab at helping some, but I can't. I'm now watching April. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Regular Contributor

I've been watching when I can. She's still waiting and boy I feel for her as I was in labor for a LONG time with my 1st son. She's carrying around a 6ft tall baby though!

Respected Contributor

My DH has been obsessed between waiting for April to give birth and watching an eagle cam in our vicinity.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'm new to giraffe maternity watch. Does anyone know if they know if she's really close to delivering?  Any tell tale signs we should be watching for?

my husband is outside doing yard work. I could take a stab at helping some, but I can't. I'm now watching April. 

@gidgetgh, there has been a lot of baby activity and increasing positioning contractions but she is not yet in active labor.  It could start in the next 10 minutes or go a few more days.  Mid February was the anticipated delivery time.

The only sure way to know that birth is imminent is when her water breaks but sometimes that is just a trickle and not a gush so can be missed. 

Watch and wait then have to leave the computer is the best way to assure birth lol.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.