Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone watching April the giraffe?

When is April due? I knew she was pregnant but have not been watching. When Taj was born I felt like I lost so much sleep as April was in labor for soooo long! This time I know they don't birth as quickly as humans Smiley Happy

Jordan tried to explain one day about why Taj is not missing April and Oliver, and he made perfect sense. But people are feeling their own human emotions and are projecting that out Taj is feeling as a child would miss their parents. Animals do not have human emotions, but I think Jordan gave up explaining it.

He gets attacked so much. He has the patience of a saint. He is the professional (and a very good one too) but the Facebook people are always telling him his job. I feel bad for him.

They got Taj a girlfriend for mating purposes. That is the whole program he is involved in. Keeping this giraffe specie alive. I love Taj's new barn, he is so big now. He was supposed to be moved away and I think it is great they decided to keep him.

Isn't Jordan's wife pregnant too? I thought I read that somewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

@gidgetgh,

I still think Taj misses April and even Oliver. I'm not so sure I agree with Jordan that he doesn't. I think that is why we were off cam for so long after they moved Taj. I enjoy watching when I can Taj and his companion. Hoping April gives birth to a healthy calf soon! Wish I could visit them all  someday!

Animals do not think that way.  Puppies and kittens are separated everyday from their mother and do just fine.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

We went out to lunch yesterday and today and I took my iPad with me yesterday so I could watch the camera during lunch and also checked in on my phone at lunch today, LOL. 

I’m signed up for the text alert so I’ll know when she goes into labor and my iPad sits on our bed at night so I can check I during the night. 

Like everyone else, I just want April to have a safe delivery. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

I have watched her in the past. I think I watched one of her deliveries two years ago. I try to not ask questions because I find too many "know it alls" and people get a bit rude.  But, I do enjoy the birth and seeing the little guy.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh - did you have to pay to get the text?  That’s what kind of turned me off last time, they started charging for things. I still think they started it too early on purpose.

But yes I sure did watch for weeks upon weeks last time!  Might tune in again, it was quite an experience. Love April and hope for a good delivery and healthy baby. 

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@gidgetgh - did you have to pay to get the text?  That’s what kind of turned me off last time, they started charging for things. I still think they started it too early on purpose.

But yes I sure did watch for weeks upon weeks last time!  Might tune in again, it was quite an experience. Love April and hope for a good delivery and healthy baby. 

@HerRoyaLioness - yes.  To sign up for texts, it was $5.  I believe that $5 though goes to both giraffe conservation and Ava's Little Heros.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh.....I just want to thank you for sharing this with the Community. I have enjoyed the live cam so so much. I watched it all day while crocheting away. When my hubby came home I shared it with him. We’re both animal lovers. We belong to The Opposum Society. Rehab and release here in Southern California. Again thanks for sharing. 🥰❤️
Respected Contributor

Still waiting and watching.........😱👀🙏🏻 Here’s the link for the live cam https://youtu.be/3E5odkrfvFA it’s a 24 hr live cam. April the Giraffe is to have her baby giraffe any day now. Enjoy. 🥰
Honored Contributor

April had her tail up quite a bit overnight and again today. 

I think it could be today or tomorrow. Like I have any idea what I’m talking about, LOL. 

Respected Contributor

No baby as of this morning! 🦒😱