Honored Contributor

Anyone watch Dateline Tonight 5/16?

I was appalled at the judge's decision to disallow testimony about the previous break in and equally appalled at the verdict.

If you watched what did you think?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone watch Dateline Tonight 5/16?

I agree, I think that testimony should have been let in.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

I think the guy definitely has mental problems and I can see the argument that he premeditated the act. It also seems he had almost a sick satisfaction at seeing them suffer and die.

I would have a difficult time finding him guilty. That probably surprises you after what I said above. But I work very hard for what I have. If my home were burglarized more than once, I'd be VERY bitter. And I'd want the people to pay. I couldn't do what he did, but I can understand that some people would.

I also feel the teens were to blame for their own demise. If they'd never victimized the guy, they wouldn't have been killed. I am surprised it wasn't a hung jury.

-Kalli

Respected Contributor

This sounds interesting but I missed it. Can you say the names in the case so we can read online? TiaSmiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Missed it. What happened.

Valued Contributor

I didn't watch Dateline tonight so I don't know how complete their coverage was but I followed the trial. I agree with the jury.

Respected Contributor

The segment was about 2 young folks, Nick Brady and Haile Kifer, and Bryon Smith

-Kalli

Respected Contributor

On 5/16/2014 Kalli said:

The segment was about 2 young folks, Nick Brady and Haile Kifer, and Bryon Smith

-Kalli

Thanks Kalli! I'll look it up online.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 5/16/2014 newziesuzie said:
On 5/16/2014 Kalli said:

-Kalli

Thanks Kalli! I'll look it up online.Smiley Happy

ok..one article had the shooter listed as Byron, the other one had him listed as Bryon. But I think you won't have a problem finding the reports online.

-Kalli

Respected Contributor

Just starting to read but here's one link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_David_Smith_killings