Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone want to share how much they spent at the Q in 2014?

On 1/4/2015 ShowMe said:
On 1/4/2015 brii said: You don't have to spend a dime to post here.

I know that, but I just don't think it is right to do that.....that is what I call taking advantage of a good thing.......and a good company.

Showme, I have to agree that overall, QVC is a good company, even though I think they could throw their best customers a few bones.....like some free shipping or discount coupons...like all the other online retailers do.

But I disagree that we shouldn't all feel free to post on this board if we aren't spending money here (and I am...as I posted already, and I wasn't lyingWink)

By having this board, QVC increases traffic to their website, and it's free advertising for them. I'll bet they get a lot of sales they wouldn't often get...just because someone stops in here, and hears of something that another poster purchased, and just loved.

Maybe this happens more on the beauty, jewelry, or fashion boards...but I've made purchases here when I was alerted to something I read on Viewpoints.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I had to take a look, and I have no problem answering; it is a shopping forum. My total was about $2270. There were several bigger ticketed items, including a Bose system that I purchased for my daughter and a Shark vacuum that I purchased for myself.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Super Contributor

Wow - lots of cranky posters on this thread. Through the years we've seen posters talk about what they have spent on the Q. I just don't understand the attitude of some - just pass by the thread. I certainly wouldn't go after those who enjoy the Kardashians. Reading this thread was the same ol' same ol' by the same ol' same ol' posters.

Honored Contributor

Exactly.

Just ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

On 1/5/2015 MJ 12 said:

Exactly.

Just ridiculous!

Hi, MJ.

Happy New Year!

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year to you, Brii!

(I'd better run and place an order now) {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

On 1/5/2015 MJ 12 said:

Happy New Year to you, Brii!

(I'd better run and place an order now) {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Lol

They're so nice to provide this for us. It's the least you can do...

Valued Contributor

There have been years I have not spent anything here, however 2014 was not one of them. Let's just say, I spent more than I should have.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no problem answering!

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say about $1,000. Much less than I've spent in previous years when I was actively buying jewelry which I rarely do these days.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

For the heck of it, I just added my total up. It was a little over $500.00. About $110.00 of that was gifts for this past Christmas for someone who requested a couple of items.