Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone want to share any good news, funny news or optimistic thoughts today?

Seriously, you mow them down.  That's kind of funny.  Don't the stalks get really big - unless yo have a really big mower. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone want to share any good news, funny news or optimistic thoughts today?

@chickenbutt wrote:

We're having a few days of 'not as hot' weather here.  For me, that is really good news!  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt wrote:

We're having a few days of 'not as hot' weather here.  For me, that is really good news!  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt - it's going into the 90s here for several days - really wish it would not get so hot so quickly - give me a few more weeks of 70-80 degrees please! 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD

What device do you use to post on the community page?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sit with my laptop but I have a tablet & my cell that I use to take photos with.  I can though take photos with my laptop I know but have not tried it @butterfly123

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@butterfly123  If you or someone could walk me through how to post photos I'd love too share my garden.

Sure. Here's how to add an image from a desk/laptop computer. It's not the same if you have a mobile device.

1) Open a new post.

2) Place your cursor where you want the image to appear in the post.

3) Click on the Insert/Edit image button (the mountain range). An Add Image box will pop up.

AddImage.JPG

4) Click Choose File. A box will pop up. It's a Windows Explorer box in Microsoft, I don't know what in Mac.

5) Navigate to the image file on your computer and upload. On a Windows computer, you select the file and click Open. I don't know how to do it with a Mac. The new Explorer window will close and leave you with the Add Image window.

6) Scroll down to preview the image. If you are happy with it, go to the next step. (If it's sideways or upside down, you will have to edit the file in your own image viewer, and I can't give directions for all those options here.)

7) Click the red INSERT IMAGE button. The image will appear in your post.

To add more images, repeat steps 2-7.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

Chynnablue, DH & I just saw your friend answering the final question. We will have to remember to watch tomorrow night.  How exciting.

Did you just spoil it for me? Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD

Do you have your pictures stored in a file or central location on the tablet? If so than you can use the third icon over on the right and post the pictures that way.

Honored Contributor

You can also just do a c&p. 

But my biggest piece of advice for posting pics here is to be sure to size it down.  Otherwise, they will smoosh it in, vertically, to make it fit the page.  Used to be pics that were too large would make the page too wide and ruin it for the thread, as you would have to scroll out to the right to read posts.  But now they have it set to where pics that are too large get narrowed down so they don't look right.

If you are using the tool here (that pic that looks like mountains with the sun over the right side), you can size a pic down in the course of doing that.  You'll see the field where you choose a size.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thank you @chickenbutt

You explain information clearly.

Honored Contributor

Today has been a very busy day for my family; my Mom is healing well after having a skin cancer removed, my husbands trip to the VA went well, my dental checkup was good, and trucker daughter is on her way home for the weekend!