Super Contributor

Anyone use the UPS follow my delivery?

I find it sort of like watching a romba.  Just when I think something will get picked up, it makes a turn and is off in another direction!

One time I followed it and waited at the door.  Nothing.  (I know...bored and out of beer.)   Then I went inside and it said the package had been delivered.  I went to the porch and there it was.  I'm finding this whole delivery thing somewhat on the eerie side.  (I still haven't figured out how that happened, but I'm sure it involved something I don't want to meet in a dark alley.)

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone use the UPS follow my delivery?

I'm at work while UPS delivers, so not much point. I do it for food delivery, like Amazon Prime Now restaurant orders.

Honored Contributor

I didn't realize they had one.  And that's probably a good thing.  With all the issues with my deliveries this month, it would make it way too easy for my hit man. 

Honored Contributor

I will check that out, although most of my packages will end up at the post office KWIM 

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

I will check that out, although most of my packages will end up at the post office KWIM 

Yes, I use it all the time, also on Amazon. But QVC sends it UPS, it goes down in my state about 45 miles, then they bring it to my city and give it to the Post Office, then 3 days later, it gets delivered.And at the same time I see them drive past my house. VERY annoying. My mailgirl, tells me the  Post Office survives because of this practice. My Xmas card order from the Q was to be delivered today, but was sent to the PO. I know other people have this also.Amazon doesn't do this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, because I don’t use the UPS app.  And it’s only available for a few types of upscale delivery and I normally only get ground delivery, rarely anything much faster.

I do use the My Choice service though.  I know approximately where a package is, even though I can’t watch it move.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have My Deliverty from UPS.  But only on occastion, as I prefer ground free shipping on sites. I'm at work, but I want to be sure it was delivered.  After that scare I had from FedEx, I want to be sure it's there.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I've watched packages take the scenic route all over the country! It's usually during the winter months due to weather conditions. Right now, the SE and Eastern states have been hit with rain and snowfall . . . good excuses for them, I guess. Remember when the Postal Service used to walk their routes? Mail and packages were always was delivered with any problems! So much for automation and progress in this century. It isn't working with packages via USPS, UPS or FedEX.

Remember Air Mail back then? And, overnight mail delivery? Miss those great services! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I'm not familiar with that but I do use Ups.com so I always know when to expect a package.  No surprises.  If I'm not going to be home, I just have it delivered to a near by Access Point.  

Trusted Contributor

When I returned one of my packages I noticed that it went in the wrong direction and to a completely out of the way State and I feared that it would get lost but it too was taking the scenic route....new normal I guess for all packages whether they're coming or going.