Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone use Walmart Savings Catcher?

Yes, I use it.....I do not have a smart phone I just log into the site via my MacBook Air, never had any problems.

Honored Contributor

I got the email today, didn't bother to read it because I made a decision not to shop there anymore.

With the exception of one thing, I can find everything else I need at some other store.

I'll deal with not being able to find 5 oz. plastic bathroom cups any place else and use a real cup in the bathroom when I run out of the disposables.

Honored Contributor

i am upset about the way savings catcher is changing.

my kids, mom, ex, and s/o all give me their receipt codes that i usually enter in online to get some credits.

now i wont be able to do this. Smiley Sad

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I have had it for a long time and liked it back when you transferred your balance to the Bluebird Card.  They quit that and changed it to scanning or entering on the WM site.  I have not used it since they started making you use the Walmart Pay app.  I have about a $12.50 balance and now they have changed it again so you have to use it at the cashier stand.  I am not a big fan of fiddle-farting around with my phone while I am trying to load my groceries in my cart.  I have asked cashiers how it worked in the past and they weren't sure.  I see this as a big PIA and that's probably what they want it to be so less people will use it.  Maybe after I use it a few times, I'll change my mind.  Not sure how this will work with grocery pick-up since you pay in advance and don't get a receipt.  

Honored Contributor

I find it very easy with their app to scan the qr code at the bottom of the receipt. I’ve used it for about a year and have gotten $200 back. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Starting Oct. 29, Walmart customers will not be able to scan a paper receipt into the Savings Catcher app. Walmart’s mobile payment system — Walmart Pay — must be used at checkout to connect the Savings Catcher app. The makes smartphone ownership a requirement among those who use Savings Catcher.

But as Walmart continues to add more services within the app like Savings Catcher, auto prescription refill and money transfers. usage is expected to increase. Walmart has said the biggest hurdle is getting people to set up the payment system. But once they use Walmart Pay, it becomes their currency choice for shopping in stores.

1. Enroll in Walmart Pay

2. Use Walmart Pay at checkout to create an eReceipt for submission. This can be done by:

* Opening Walmart Pay and selecting which credit, debit, or gift card you’d like to use.

* Using Walmart Pay to scan the QR code at the register to generate your eReceipt.

3. Tap "Submit Receipt" directly from your Walmart Pay confirmation page or from your Savings Catcher dashboard on the Walmart app

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Yes I use this every time I shop at Walmart. I have the app and use Walmart Pay. When it is time to pay for my purchase I just scan the QR code on the credit card terminal with my phone and it is done. I then view my eReceipt through the app and submit it for Savings Catcher. No more having to pull my wallet out and inserting my card. Easy Peasy.

Honored Contributor

I have used the savings catcher and let my grandson go shopping on the $45., I accumulated.  They made some changes and I havent bothered with it since then.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Thanks on the bay for the info.  It's been such a long time since I

put the app on my phone I did not realize that it was already set up.

It still sounds a little confusing to me but hopefully once I use it I will get the hang of it.  I might just use what I have now before the changes so that if I get to annoyed I won't lose the money I've already accumulated.  

Frequent Contributor

I have figured out how to upload my receipts the new way so I can continue to use Saving Catcher.  You have to open the Walmart App and go to Walmart Pay and scan the QR code at the register before you finish the transaction.  It seems to work fine so far.  No more scanning the paper receipt after the end of the month I believe.   You do have to enter a 4 digit PIN to open the Walmart Pay.  In fact, you have to go in and set up your Walmart Pay first if you haven't done so. 

I have found there is one catch with this new process.  I had to go into the Walmart Pay app settings to change the default settings to not automatically use my balance on my ecard during a store transaction.  I like to hoard my ecard money.   I know...weird huh?