Honored Contributor

Anyone try that Downy Wrinkle Guard Dryer sheets?

I tried it for the first time today. I'm at home working, but took a break to do my laundry. I already use the liquid wrinkle guard.  Yes, my clothing seems to come out smooth and hardly any wrinkles at all.  The odd thing is that my dryer time is almost cut in half!  Very strange.  I had my thick blanket which resembles a comforter in the dryer and it came out totally dry in half the time it took with out the sheets.  I thought it was my imagination, but the second load also took less time in the dryer.  so it's kind of bonus...don't know if it really does, but I'm happy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone try that Downy Wrinkle Guard Dryer sheets?

I've tried both the liquid and the dryer sheets and thought the liquid worked much better but it's ridiculously expensive so won't be buying more.  I'm now on a quest to find the dryer sheets that make clothes repel dog hair.  I included them on my Walmart order but they were out of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@songbird yes I use the scent free version and couldn't be happier with the results.  Clothes dry faster and are smoother and LOL less wrinkled... It's a miracle!!   Woman Very Happy

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@songbird TY for the heads up. I will give it a try. I have an all cotton white quilt that takes forever to dry . Also I hate ironing and try to keep it at a minimum .

@Kachina624  is that 'pet hair 'one Downey brand ? or ?

Honored Contributor

No, I haven't tried the WrinkleGuard products. But I love their TV commercial with the older couple in the closet when the grandson comes home....lol!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I must add I use the liquid wrinkle guard in the washer, and the wrinkle guard dryer sheets in the dryer.  So I'm using both.  I've been told that the new Bounce wrinkle guard is even better!  But I have'nt tried that one yet.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay  "bounce Pet Hair and Lint Guard"

In my neck of the woods, you can purchase in Walmart, Target, Home Depo, BJ's & Lowes.  Amazon sells it also.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 I have them and used them twice.  Helps a bit.  Not perfect but better than nothing.  But then I have a beagle that is a shedding machine and I am convinced that nothing will be 100% for him.  When I do his blankets I have to stop the dryer half-way to clean it out, it's that bad.  I never knew beagles shed so very much, maybe mine is just unusual.  I have to add his bedding gets done every other day or so.

Honored Contributor

Aww, gee!

I used a whole bottle of the Downey liquid and saw absolutely NO results!  I really wanted it to work because I am allergic to ironing!  Hee!

One thing that drove me nuts, when I rec new items that have terrible fold lines.  I washed them using it...TWICE....looked exactly the same as the day I rec'd it!  Big fold lines! 

I'm hesitant now to bother to waste the money on the dryer sheets, but maybe I will try bounce.

@Kachina624 

What is the brand that makes the dog hair sheets?  I have a puggle that is molting so badly right now.  I run into the house and straight to change

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife    This is from Walmart's online list of groceries.  I want it for blankets and bedspreads.

Screenshot_20201002-134740~2.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment