Respected Contributor

Anyone tried Nashville Hot Chicken?

KFC is advertising it and I've also seen it advertised on  a couple of restaurant commercials.  Just wondering if it's worth trying.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone tried Nashville Hot Chicken?

I havn't tried it , but it sounds and looks wonderful !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I never heard of it.  It hasn't been advertised around here.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of it in my neck of the woods. So is it only a KFC thing?

Respected Contributor

KFC and a restaurant called O'Charley's is advertising it here in St. Louis. Looks like it might be pretty spicy (of course) I guess it's pretty popular in Nashville. Any Nashville posters out there ? 

Honored Contributor

We tried the KFC Nashville hot chicken today; very tasty, but not as spicy as we expected.   The only "hot" to the chicken we had was from being cooked, not spice heat.  It was simply a spiced up chicken strip.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info Redtop, I just may give it a try

Super Contributor

I live near Nashville  but have not eaten Nashville hot chicken but have seen it prepared on TV and there is a hot chicken festival in Nashville yearly. The authentic hot chicken is all degrees of hot and hotter! Some is extremely spicey.

It is prepared by deep frying and when it is done an oil and hot sauce preparation is poured on the chicken.  This I do not think I would like...too greasy for me!  I like spicey but not too much fat.

I would guess the KFC and O'Charley's will be very tame to suit the tastes of most of their customers.