Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone still mailing out Christmas cards?

When I was a kid  after Christmas we used to  take the Christmas cards  and  make a collage onto wooden boxes  using our favorite cards  from family and friends .

Definitely , never miss a year of sending abt 30  or so cards to family and friends near and far .  I display  cards that I received  on a mantle so I can see them every day .

I inherited my Mother's  collection of boxed Christmas cards , so I  do not need  to buy any cards for the next 5 yrs .

Respected Contributor

Yes, will send them but as others have mentioned my list has become much shorter over the years primarily because people have moved on to heaven. Primarily send to those out of town. If I don’t hear back from someone I send to for two years, then I remove them from my list because feel they are not interested and I’m just talking to myself which is the same way I feel about emails and texts that are not responded to. If a person is ill that’s a totally different situation. Since my list has become shorter I prefer to pick out individual cards. I even get cards from my sisters dog and two cats! Miss the old days when cards were such a big part of Christmas, of course before we even knew what email or texting was!
Respected Contributor

I am down to sending out about 10 cards, most to friends and family out of town.  

Esteemed Contributor

I still do...but I cut way back

Honored Contributor

I love sending out and receiving Christmas cards. Hobby Lobby sells beautiful ones and I just bought a new box when they had them half price. If you want to buy individual cards that are specific to a relative like son or aunt, etc,  you can get some beautiful ones at Dollar Tree that are Hallmark and are $1. 2020 has been a year none of us could have imagined. So many of my friends from church are not able to drive or have family far away they have not seen in months. I want them to know I am thinking of them by sending a beautiful card with a personal note inside. 

Honored Contributor

I don’t think many of the Christmas cards I send get dumped in the trash. I mail them to family even if I see them on Christmas.
I know Costco has some beautiful Thomas Kincaide cards this year and some Burgoyne cards as well. Wish I had seen them before I bought my new ones.
Honored Contributor

I am sending my cards late this year so no one sends me one out of guilt. I never want a card from anyone who feels obligated to send one. I only want one from someone who wants to send me one. Sad anyone would resent getting a card!
Super Contributor

I stopped  buying cards at Hallmark...long ago...when you had to spend $4. And up per card...as someone already said Hallmark ....is available at the dollar store....that's where I shop for special cards.....they very nice...

Trusted Contributor

I send photo cards to about 25 family and friends who I don't see for the holidays.  I include a personal note on each one.  This year I won't have much to say!

The cards I dislike are the ones that come with only a signature or worse yet, a printed name.  Why send a card without at least giving an update on your year?

Valued Contributor

@NVmimi wrote:

Just an FYI for those not aware, Hallmark cards are available at Dollar Tree for a buck each. Some of them are only 50 cents. They are the exact same Hallmark cards sold everywhere!

@NVmimi 

How kind of you to share this with us Smiley Happy   Thank you!